For starters, we have the Profession Tool system implemented into the game. As an engineer, you can create those for five various professions. Not to mention all types of grenades, tinkers, gadgets, and even air strikes. Being an engineer means being a jack-of-all-trades. You can even resurrect your party members and create crafting tables anywhere you want. However, we will discuss the most exciting recipes further in this guide.
Speaking of main updates, all WoW Dragonflight professions, including Engineering, have specializations. The latter has become a truly game-changing mechanic since it determines your playing style. As an engineer, you have four specs at your disposal. Each of them is unique and allows you to create certain goods of various qualities.
As for now, it is impossible to tell, which talent branch is the strongest and most beneficial. Though, we will cover this part when we get to the build section of our guide. The expansion has gone live now and you can try testing several builds to see which one works best for you. Opening all four specs is possible, but it will take a lot of time and effort. Instead, we highly recommend mastering one or two branches to the cap and using their full potential.
Engineering has become more crafting-oriented, as you can create and sell different goggles and bracers. The latter can be worn by anyone while goggles are strictly your type of gear. This change makes the Item Quality implementation important for you as well. In fact, all your combat goods depend on this mechanic strongly enough. Increasing your item quality means you can sell them at a higher price.
Returning to new recipes, the game’s creators have not skimped on this part this time. Engineers have finally become more versatile. They have so many alternatives to offer to other players. This makes Engineering a decent gold-making machine. The only problem is choosing a vector you are going to progress further. We will provide a detailed description of each spec to let you make the decision easier.
On top of that, we will share the best way to reach level 50 in your profession. This will allow you to dominate the market by selling higher-rank equipment and combat consumables. Keep reading our WoW Dragonflight Engineering leveling guide to learn those tips and stay ahead of others.
Before plunging into Engineering and all the details connected with it, let us think of what awaits us together with it. WoW has always been about excitement and versatility. You can spend hours farming mobs or simply exploring the continent. Another option a lot of players enjoy is participating in raids.
This feature has been with us forever and for a good reason. Each raid week brings tons of high-quality rewards. However, you do not always have enough time to participate yourself. After all, this is an energy-consuming process and requires you to be a proficient player. If you still wish to get guaranteed loot, ordering our WoW Raid Boost services is what you need. Our PRO players will help you save up to 3-4 hours of your time doing the entire job for you. We offer reasonable prices and flexible plans. The whole process is legit and safe.
IMPORTANT NOTE: At SkyCoach, you can also Buy WoW Boost at the lowest prices and with the fastest delivery. You can make your first purchase even CHEAPER if you find our special PROMO CODE (highlighted in green) hidden in this article and get a 20% DISCOUNT.
Check out some of our most popular WoW Boosting services below:
Dragonflight Patch 10.2 Engineering Changes
In Patch 10.2, Engineering has received the following new recipes:
- Portable Party Platter, which you can get if you witness a display of confectionary conjuration;
- Verdant Combatant's Leather Goggles, Verdant Combatant's Plate Goggles, Verdant Combatant's Cloth Goggles, Verdant Combatant's Mail Goggles drop from PvP activities like Arena, Battlegrounds, and Warmode.
Engineering Applications and Benefits
Thanks to Engineering, many players can increase their combat potential. All those grenades, bombs, and more can noticeably boost your chances to win any fight. Not to mention items like S.A.V.I.O.R. that resurrect all your party members. This is a super beneficial tool during dungeons and raids. Everyone would love to have an engineer like this on their team now.
Speaking of the ways to become rich, you can sell various bombs, grenades, and reagents. They will be in demand among players of all levels and classes. Besides, do not forget about profession tools you can create. The latter plays a super essential role in becoming a better artisan in a particular handicraft.
Of course, selling combat consumables is not the only option you have as an engineer. The same goes for unique tools and armor. You can make your path to becoming rich by selling reagents, cogwheels, and weapons. Spreading your Knowledge Points among all four talent trees is not recommended. Engineering is all about precision and you constantly need to make choices. To make them right, you need to monitor the market and keep up with the players’ demands. Here is the list of the most outstanding things you can create:
- The newly-implemented Tinkers are going to help you during fights most often. This feature has been introduced with this expansion and has a lot to offer. One of the most sought-after examples is Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors. It is going to be a truly game-changing item, as it revives your allies. What else can you desire during raids or dungeons, right?
- Engineers have always been much beloved for their Goggles. In this expansion, you have four of them for each armor type. Besides, they come in a usual rarity and in a mythic rarity as well. They also have one Tinker Socket and provide you with one random stat. Use this equipment piece to insert tinkers you want to have during fights;
- You have four different bracers, which, unlike goggles, can be worn by those who do not specialize in Engineering. They have one Tinker Socket as well. On top of that, they provide you with one random stat;
- Small gadgets like Goblin Glider Kit are indispensable when you want to explore the continent faster. It also helps if you have not unlocked the flying mount yet;
- Engineers can repair gear even during raids. If combined with a resurrecting tinker, your chances to complete any raid increase significantly;
- As an engineer, you can place profession tables for yourself or alchemists. Usually, you need to visit a major city like Valdrakken for this. However, engineers can create these tables lasting for 5 minutes anywhere needed;
- Toys are not the most important part of the game. Though, it can be fun to use them sometimes just to experiment or break the daily game routine. For instance, Wyrmhole Generator allows you to teleport in a random Dragon Isles point;
- Not to mention tons of bombs and grenades you can create to increase your chances to win a fight and improve burst damage. We will describe the specs you should master to learn the recipes for them further in the article.
Of course, the list is not complete since Engineering is probably the most comprehensive and multi-purpose profession. You have many ways to develop this handicraft. At the end of the article, you will find the most highly promising builds to try out in the game.
As we describe all the available specs, this will provide you with a better understanding of what you can expect from this specialty. As for now, we are sure that Engineering will be more popular than in any previous expansion. BLOG20
General Engineering Changes in Dragonflight
The game’s creators have done their best to change the way professions work starting with this patch. Everything we knew about them before, no longer matters. Some changes seem hardly noticeable yet they bring their own value. For instance, having redesigned profession icons and the user interface is what does not seem too important at first glance. However, it changes the way we perceive the game as well.
Engineering, just like all other handicrafts, now boasts special gear. Your character equips it every time you perform a profession-related action (e.g. craft a bomb or tinker). This brings a good bit of realism into the game. On top of that, every profession is now unique not only in terms of items created, but also in the overall character look. As an engineer, you will have a helmet, hammer, and gadgets attached around your waist.
We have already concentrated your attention on the specialization mechanic. Though, the game’s developers have made it far more realistic than it seems at first. By introducing the Knowledge Point system, you always need to make choices of what talent trees to master. You usually lack these points and have to put much effort to find more of them.
Playing as an engineer, you can hardly predict what spec is going to be in higher demand. In this case, you can opt for the one you like personally. Anyway, you will find a way to make use of it in the long run.
However, we will share possible builds that you may find prospective and useful. They will be presented at the end of our Engineering leveling guide. Remember, there is no perfect option and each build is worth trying. The final choice depends on the market state and how the trading processes are set.
As a crafter, you will be particularly interested in the Crafting Orders system implemented with this expansion. We will discuss it in detail down below, but for now, you need to know that it allows you to make private orders for other players. This mechanic is another way to become richer, as the good old Auction House has become a bit too ordinary. Though, combining these two methods together, you can earn a lot of gold by crafting rare stuff.
Nonetheless, there are things you cannot buy or create yourself. We are referring to dungeon rewards. The latter can only be looted when you complete a dungeon successfully. Still, it is particularly difficult to do, as you have to rely on other party members. Finding a group of five people you can rely on is a challenging task. If you still wish to get the rarest rewards, we have a way out for you.
Ordering our Mythic Carry services is how you can get the rewards guaranteed. You no longer need to think of what other players in your team can or cannot do. Our pro players will do the job for you. All you are left to do is to enjoy the loot and play for fun. Make sure to check our prices and plans to see how we can help you.
The Auction House Essentials
As a crafter, your primary source of income is creating and selling items. Luckily, playing as an engineer, you have a lot of options to offer. Progressing further in a chosen spec, you can craft higher-level equipment and consumables.
However, the Auction House is not only about selling stuff. Since all professions are interconnected with each other, sometimes you need to buy resources you are missing. In your case, you need tons of Serevite Ore for nearly any recipe. That is why combining Engineering with Mining is often a good decision. Doing so allows you to save a bunch of gold and always have a margin of rare ores. If you choose to go another way, using the market to buy stuff is inevitable. Here is an example of what trading looks like:
- Finding the Auction House tab is where you begin. Opening it, you see hundreds if not thousands of various offers. Other players on your server create them. The most crucial thing here is not to buy a particular item at an inflated price. This will definitely happen once the expansion goes live. Use this moment to create top-rate equipment and sell it when the demand is high.
- Despite having an opportunity to buy resources, your primary goal is to sell stuff. Following this tactic is your only way to become richer. That is why we highly recommend that you combine Engineering with Mining to spare a penny. In this case, your income will never exceed your expenses.
- It may happen that you have no items to sell yet do not really wish to spend gold buying anything as well. To keep getting richer, you can buy a particular item, wait for its price to go up, and then sell it. You get the price difference and save all your resources. This is quite a venturesome trick, but the result is worth it.
As an engineer, try to determine the field you prefer most and start mastering this spec to the cap. Spreading your precious points among all branches brings no good. At the same time, monitor the market to see what players’ current demands are to make sure you create the right stuff.
The Crafting Orders Mechanic: Everything You Need to Know
Playing as a crafter with a variety of items to offer has become as beneficial as ever. In the expected expansion, you can execute other players’ orders. If luck is on your side, you not only get rich immensely fast, but also progress in Engineering quickly. For some people, this is the best way to level Engineering in WoW Dragonflight since it works like a snowball. You get more orders, master a particular spec, and create better items. Everything is simple as that!
Remember the First Craft Bonus mechanic we have mentioned above. It also works with those private orders you take. Each time it is activated, you get one Knowledge Point for each new item created. On top of that, you get Artisan’s Mettle that you will need for special quests and unique recipes.
As an engineer, you have a lot of directions to progress in. Unlike in previous expansions, everything you create now has become more highly sought after. By choosing any spec you like you will still make a lot of gold. Though, we recommend that you master a branch that is connected with explosives. Besides, the one devoted to unique tools and armor is good enough as well.
This whole system is quite handy not only when you create something for others. If, for example, you want to buy particular epic armor pieces that can only be made by a blacksmith, you can use this mechanic as well. To do this correctly, you should specify the time you want to have your order done. Additionally, choose who is going to see your order:
- A specific person;
- Everyone on the server;
- Your guild members only;
- Your friends only.
If you are a solo player and do not really have someone you can trust, make it seen by everybody. Playing with a friend can be beneficial since you can ask for a discount if they agree to complete your order. Finally, you can always rely on your guild members, as they will help you for sure to become stronger before the next raid.
You now know more about the most lucrative ways to become richer. Still, you can never have too much gold, especially at the expansion’s launch. To help you solve this issue, you can Buy WoW Gold with our company’s help. We offer reasonable prices and various plans you can adjust to your needs. This process is safe and reliable, as we have thousands of satisfied clients. Click the link and see how we can help you.
Hunting for Knowledge Points
As you already understand, Knowledge Points have a crucial impact on what you can achieve in your profession. In fact, no matter what handicraft you choose to master, the whole potential lies within its specializations. They are your bread and butter. We want to share with you all the sources where you can get those extra points to master a spec you like. On top of that, we will provide you with information concerning your profession trainer locations at the end of our Dragonflight Engineering overview.
The whole point of leveling any spec to the cap is that you can dominate the market. After the expansion’s launch, no one is going to know what prices to set for particular items. If you manage to create rare items quicker than anyone else, you can set those prices yourself.
For now, it is impossible to tell for sure what specs will be in the highest demand. We can only provide their full description further in our Dragonflight Engineering leveling walkthrough. Closer to the end of the article, we will share the suggested builds. You may choose one of them to try out in the game and see if its suits your playing style and overall needs.
Returning to Knowledge Point sources, there are enough of them in the game already. Collecting them all will be enough to master a spec or two you find the most interesting. This will be your key to creating higher-tier equipment and selling it at a more expensive cost. Here are the places you can find those precious points at:
- Using the First Craft Bonus is the most effortless and straightforward method of gaining points. It is especially beneficial for engineers, as you have tons of recipes to craft. Besides, you have four specs at your disposal, each providing unique items for you to create. This mechanic works well not only with crafting professions, but also with gathering ones. For example, you can combine Engineering with Mining. The latter activates this bonus every time you gather a new node.
- When exploring the Dragon Isles, you have a chance to find rare treasures and complete one-time quests. Though they are particularly difficult to discover, the reward is surpassingly good.
- Taking a weekly quest from your profession trainer in Valdrakken is an infinite source of those points. Every time you complete it, you are granted 3 points. However, this quest only unlocks when you reach level 25 in Engineering. Progressing further in your handicraft and getting to level 50 is where an additional quest becomes available.
- After talking to an NPC named Khadin, you will learn about the existence of Dragon Shards of Knowledge. He is located in the Oh’aran Plains. Those shards can be found while exploring the continent. Every time you return one of them to this artisan, you will be rewarded with 1-3 points. There is no way you can influence the number of points you get, so the reward is a bit randomized.
- The major hub of the Dragon Isles, Valdrakken, hides many secrets. Finding an NPC named Rabul, you can purchase unique items from him. As an engineer, you are particularly interested in Dusty Engineer’s Scribblings. You can buy it three times in total. Each successful purchase grants you 10 Knowledge Points. Though, it is not that plain and simple.
- You receive access to purchasing this item for the first time once you have 100 Artisan’s Mettle and at least level 25 in Engineering. You get this mettle for creating new items for the first time and mastering your profession as a whole.
- You receive access to purchasing this item for the second time once you have 200 Artisan’s Mettle. On top of it, you need to establish a valued reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. If at least one condition does not comply, you cannot get access to the second purchase.
- You receive access to purchasing this item for the third time once you have 300 Artisan’s Mettle. Besides, you need to establish an esteemed reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. If at least one condition does not comply, you cannot get access to the second purchase.
- If you have at least one friend who is into Enchanting, you are lucky. This person can create Draconic Treatises, which grant Knowledge Points when used. Unfortunately, you cannot receive more than 1 point per week by using this method. Though, it is always nice to have a source like this. You can also buy this item on the market, but we bet the prices will be inflated for it after the expansion’s launch.
We can only hope the game’s creators will add more of the sources in future patches. However, you can master one or two specs even now if you manage to collect enough points by using all the presented methods. As an engineer, you are never sure what branch can bring you maximum value. In this case, creating an alt is a way out of this. You can learn a different talent tree for every new character.
Nonetheless, this will take tons of your time and may seem too tiring. If you still wish to have an alt or two, we have World of Warcraft Boosting to offer you. Our pro players will get the job done for you. All you are left to do is to enjoy a completely leveled-up character. The whole process is safe and reliable. We have reasonable prices and various plans you can adjust to your needs. Make sure to check them to see what we offer.
Engineering Specs: Everything You Need to Know
Once you reach level 25 in your profession, you get access to the most exciting feature of the upcoming expansion. Having four specializations at your disposal brings a lot of options and versatility to your playing style. As an engineer, you have an opportunity to create high-rank equipment, combat tools, and reagents. However, you cannot craft everything at once since you will not have enough Knowledge Points.
In our WoW Engineering guide, we will describe all the specs and their unique details in the next paragraph. Once you learn everything about them, you can decide what spec is the most beneficial in your case.
If you are new to the game, do not pay too much attention to this. No matter what you master, you will still find your niche. After the expansion’s launch, people will gladly buy anything you create and sell on the market. Besides, you cannot start learning a spec until you get to level 25. Until this time, you will have enough gaming situations that can influence your final decision.
After all, you can always ask your friends or guild members whether they consider this or that spec necessary. On top of that, do not stop monitoring the market to see what items are in the highest demand and what their cost is.
Another major update covering the profession part is crafting-specific stat implementation. They are used to attach to the crafted items providing different bonuses. You get a bunch of them when progressing in a particular talent branch. Here is how they look:
- Resourcefulness increases your chance to use fewer reagents than the recipe requires;
- Crafting Speed is pretty self-explanatory, as it increases your crafting speed by a certain %;
- Inspiration increases the chance to acquire a bonus skill that can be attached to the item you create;
- Multicraft increases the chance to create several of the same items without spending extra resources.
As an engineer, having as much Multicraft as possible is the best thing you can imagine. It allows you to create a bunch of explosives without spending extra resources.
Optimized Efficiency Specialization
The first spec tree is all about becoming a more proficient engineer. It is devoted to creating items of higher quality and learning the basics of the professions. Mastering it provides you with additional Resourcefulness, Inspiration, and Skill.
- Optimized Efficiency (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is where you begin. Spending one of those rare points we discussed above grants you an additional score of Skill every time. Learning this spec, you get access to all sub-specs available in this branch. It also improves your overall crafting stats making you understand the art of Engineering better and providing you with +35 Inspiration and +10 Multicraft. As an extra bonus, your Engineering crafts become 10% faster.
- Pieces Parts (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to learning how to create the basic parts that can be later transformed into higher-rank goods. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Resourcefulness for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +10 Skill, +10 Multicraft, and +5 Inspiration. On top of that, you learn to extract a random Rousing Element when creating basic parts. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating Engineering reagents.
- Scrapper (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is devoted to using your resources economically. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also teaches you to save additional reagents when creating Engineering stuff. Mastering it to the cap grants you +10 Resourcefulness and +5 Inspiration. On top of that, you learn the recipe for Zapthrottle Soul Inhaler. As an extra bonus, you gain a small chance of finding a Piece of Scrap after using bombs or tinkers.
- Generalist (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is devoted to learning more about the profession in general. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Skill for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +30 Multicraft and +45 Resourcefulness. On top of that, all your Engineering crafts become 20% faster. As an extra bonus, you have a lower chance of detonating bombs or tinkers in your hands.
The second spec tree as the name suggests is all about creating various explosives and using them efficiently. It is devoted to creating bombs of all kinds. Mastering it provides you with additional Resourcefulness, Inspiration, and Skill.
- Explosives (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is where your learning starts. Spending one of those rare points we discussed above grants you an additional score of Skill every time. Learning this spec, you get access to all sub-specs available in this branch. It also improves your overall crafting stats making you understand how bomb production works and providing you with +10 Resourcefulness. As an extra bonus, you create bombs 15% faster. On top of that, you learn the recipe for I.W.I.N. Button Mk10 that you can use to call in an air strike damaging all enemies in a particular area. Finally, all bombs you use in the Dragon Isles have a reduced cooldown.
- Creation (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to the process of bomb production. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Resourcefulness for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +10 Skill, +10 Multicraft, and +10 Resourcefulness. On top of that, you learn how to use Spare Parts when creating any bomb type. As an extra bonus, you have a tiny chance of creating an EZ-Thro bomb variant when crafting any standard bomb.
- Short Fuse (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to creating conventional bombs and using them safely. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Skill for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +25 Inspiration, +20 Multicraft, and +10 Resourcefulness. On top of that, you learn the recipe for Suspiciously Ticking Crate that is used to get various bombs. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating dangerous bombs. Finally, you learn to use your bombs safer without letting them explode in your hands.
- EZ-Thro (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to creating EZ-Thro bombs. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Skill for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +25 Inspiration, +20 Multicraft, +10 Resourcefulness, and +5 Skill. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating EZ-Thro bombs. On top of that, you learn the recipe for Suspiciously Silent Crate that is used to get various EZ-Thro bombs.
Function Over Form Specialization
The third spec tree is all about creating different types of gear and accessories. It is devoted to creating practical tools that are useful for players of other professions. Mastering it provides you with additional Resourcefulness, Inspiration, and Skill.
- Function Over Form (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is where your path begins. Spending one of those rare points we discussed above grants you an additional score of Skill every time. Learning this spec, you get access to all sub-specs available in this branch. It also improves your overall crafting stats making you understand how to create equipment and providing you with +10 Resourcefulness, +15 Skill, and +25 Inspiration. Your equipment-related crafts become 15% faster. On top of that, you learn how to use Spare Parts attaching them to the gear you create.
- Gear (you can spend up to 35 points mastering it) is devoted to creating combat equipment. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Inspiration for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +5 Skill, +5 Inspiration, and +10 Resourcefulness. On top of that, you learn how to attach reagents to your combat equipment. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating combat gear.
- Gears for Gear (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to creating professional gear, cogwheels, and additional reagents. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Inspiration for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +10 Multicraft and +10 Resourcefulness. On top of that, you learn the recipe for Magazine of Healing Darts that improves any healing spell effects. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating professional gear, cogwheels, and additional reagents.
- Utility (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to creating ammunition and scopes. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Multicraft for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +20 Multicraft, +10 Resourcefulness, and +5 Skill. On top of that, you learn the recipe for Completely Safe Rockets, Endless Stack of Needles, and High Intensity Thermal Scanner. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating ammunition and scopes.
Mechanical Mind Specialization
The fourth and last spec tree is all about creating and using various gadgets, whirligigs, and tinkers. It is devoted to creating unusual gizmos and resurrecting items that are so useful during raids. Mastering it provides you with additional Resourcefulness, Inspiration, and Skill.
- Mechanical Mind (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is where you begin. Spending one of those rare points we discussed above grants you an additional score of Skill every time. Learning this spec, you get access to all sub-specs available in this branch. It also improves your overall crafting stats making you understand the essentials of Engineering. You learn the recipes for Wyrmhole Generator allowing you to teleport at a random Dragon Isles location. Later, you can reduce its cooldown by 50% if progressing further in this branch. If you have always dreamt of resurrecting your teammates, you now can do it with the S.A.V.I.O.R. robot. On top of that, your portable workstations stay up twice as long. As an extra bonus, you learn the recipe for Illustrious Insight. The latter increases your Skill when creating devices and tinkers.
- Inventions (you can spend up to 40 points mastering it) is devoted to creating and using tinkers. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Inspiration for each point invested. Mastering it to the cap grants you +10 Skill, +25 Inspiration, and +10 Resourcefulness. On top of that, you learn the recipes for Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors and Tinker: Supercollide-O-Tron. The first one resurrects your teammates. The second one is used to attack an enemy from an extreme distance. As an extra bonus, you learn to use tinkers with increased efficiency.
- Novelties (you can spend up to 30 points mastering it) is devoted to creating amusing toys and accessories. To unlock it, you need to have 10 or more points spent in the main spec. It also grants you an additional score of Skill for each point invested. You learn the recipes for Centralized Precipitation Emitter, Cartomancy Cannon, and Giggle Goggles. They are just fancy toys you use to experience something unusual in the game. However, the recipe for Element-Infused Rocket Helmet is way more useful. It launches you into the sky to see what is going on around you. On top of that, you learn to create Fireflights to celebrate a particular event you consider important.
Engineering Specializations: General Details
We hope we have made the Engineering specs clearer to you. This is indeed one of the most comprehensive in-game professions. By learning everything about its specs, it will be easier for you to decide what talent tree to master first. Further, we will share a table that answers the question of how to level Engineering fast in WoW Dragonflight, as it includes step-by-step instructions for this.
Even though you will have access to two specs once you reach level 50 in your profession, we highly recommend that you take it slow and consider your next move. It may be better to master one particular spec that is currently in the highest demand. Opening all four specs is possible yet requires too much time and effort. This is what the leveling path looks like:
- Achieving level 25 unlocks the first spec branch;
- Achieving level 50 unlocks the second spec branch;
- Achieving level 75 unlocks the third spec branch;
- Achieving level 100 unlocks the fourth and last spec branch.
If you cannot decide what talent branch to choose, ask your friends or guild members for a piece of advice. It may happen that the worst talent tree turns out to be more beneficial than you imagine.
The Secrets of Leveling Up Engineering in Dragonflight
We would like to share this leveling table to ease your path to level 50. By doing so, you get access to two specs. The table contains an approximate list of materials you need to achieve this goal. As an engineer, this is especially profitable since you depend on what quality items you can create.
Whether we like it or not, the game’s creators have made the leveling procedure more difficult. You can no longer mass-produce one item and get a crazy amount of experience for this. A similar tendency was in all previous expansions. However, the Dragonflight patch changes this forever. Besides, all the recipes you learn from your profession trainer are not enough to reach the cap. Your path to level 100 depends on you and how much effort you put into Engineering.
After all, you should not forget about Knowledge Points and discover as many of them as possible. Doing so will allow you to progress further in your specializations and create better bombs, grenades, and more. The table presents the path that guarantees the maximum of those points.
|Required Profession Level||Items You Need to Craft||Required Materials|
If you have prepared all the required resources in advance, the leveling process will not take much time. However, it may require a lot of gold instead. If you wish to lower your expenses at least for a bit, we highly recommend that you learn Mining to combine with Engineering. It will allow you to gather enough Serevite Ore. The latter is an essential recipe part for everything you create.
It may happen that you do not have time to level up your character no matter how easy it can be. If you still wish to enjoy the game without investing too much effort, we have an option for you. Our WoW Powerleveling services are your fastest way to level Engineering in WoW Dragonflight. By ordering it, our pro players will get your character boosted in a blink of an eye. We have reasonable prices and various plans you can adjust to your needs.
Engineering Trainers in Dragonflight
You cannot achieve heights in your profession without visiting trainers. Those NPCs are your key to learning new stuff like recipes and skills. In fact, you cannot even reach level 50 without them. You should visit the following places to find these trainers:
- Winnie Fingerspring is located inside the broken tower in Obsidian Bulwark in the Waking Shores;
- Polky Cogzapper is located in Rhonin’s Dhield in the Azure Span;
- Clinkyclick Shatterboom is located in Valdrakken in Thaldraszus.
Remember to visit them from time to time to become a true artisan in Engineering.
Possible Engineering Builds
Even though it is particularly hard to tell what build is going to rule the Dragon Isles, we have prepared a few options for you. They look most promising since combining the best recipe combinations. Though, the expansion has not gone out yet and there is no perfect choice. You can try various builds to see which one suits you better.
This might be not the most widespread build, but it has decent potential. Its main feature is to use a Wyrmhole Generator as often as possible. This will allow you to be everywhere around the Dragon Isles. If you want to try this build out, here is what you should do:
- Put 20 points into Mechanical Mind to get your Wyrmhole Generator cooldown reduced by 50%;
- Master the Novelties sub-spec to the cap. Doing so will allow you to teleport to a specific location, which is what you want in the long run. In all other cases, this is just a randomized;
- If you decide to focus on this talent tree, you can max out Mechanical Mind to get access to S.A.V.I.O.R. to resurrect your team in case of a wipe.
The following build is a good addition to the previous one. Since it uses the same spec, you can combine them together and get the maximum out of both builds. Tinkers, of course, are dangerous things since they often malfunction. However, this build reduces this chance to almost zero. Here is what your leveling path should look like:
- Start mastering Mechanical Mind to get access to sub-specs;
- Put up to 20 points into Inventions to open Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors, which again allows you to resurrect fallen allies;
- You can max out the entire sub-spec branch to reduce the chance of your tinkers malfunctioning.
Equipment Crafter Build
Judging by the build’s name, it is about creating armor and reagents you attach to it. Here is what you should focus on:
- Put 5 points into Function Over Form to get access to sub-specs;
- You have a choice to unlock either Gear or Gears for Gear. Both options are equally good, but we recommend that you start with the first branch;
- The Gear route allows you to discover bracer recipes when you create combat equipment. This is what you want to specialize in first if you wish to get richer;
- The Gears for Gear branch allows you to discover cogwheels and attach them to the armor you create. Therefore, you mainly want to have enough armor pieces and only then discover reagents to attach to them, which makes sense.
Weapon Enchanter Build
Again, this build shines when it is paired with the previous one. Since it uses the Function Over Form talent tree, you can max the whole specialization to become an artisan in the field of armor and weapon creation. Here is what you should learn:
- Put 5 points into Function Over Form to get access to sub-specs;
- Start maxing the Utility sub-spec. You will learn all the recipes that can kind of enchants melee and ranged weapons. In addition to this, you will gain a bunch of Resourcefulness and Multicraft bonuses.
- It is a good option if you want to sell those weapon consumables and earn gold for this.
Explosive Maniac Build
The idea is quite simple. You focus on creating all types of explosives. It can be engineer-only bombs or those that can be used by anyone. This is what you should learn:
- Start mastering Explosives to unlock your sub-specs;
- Here, you can choose between Short Fuse and EZ-Thro branches. The first tree allows you to create more dangerous bombs that only engineers can use. If you wish to sell those explosive things, start learning the second branch. It allows you to create bombs that can be used by anyone;
- In general, you can max the entire specialization to become better at using those bombs. In the end, you will have access to this horrifying air strike you can use once a day.
Proficient Engineer Build
This is kind of a sub-build. It aims at increasing your overall Engineering value. By learning this alone, you get practically nothing. So, we highly recommend combining it with anything from above. Here is what your leveling path should look like:
- Put enough points into Optimized Efficiency to unlock your sub-specs;
- Here, you have no restrictions. You can start maxing your Generalist and become better at Engineering as a whole. Also, you can for Pieces Parts if you are particularly interested in reagents. Maxing it out gives you a small chance of acquiring Rousing Elements when creating basic parts;
- This build is not that strict in terms of what you should learn first. You can choose whatever you like because it provides strong overall improvements.
Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Engineering Changes
In Patch 10.1, professions have gained a variety of new recipes. Engineers can learn them from Scrybbil who can be found in Loamm, the main city of Zaralek Cavern. Also, make sure to talk to Ponzo to earn Ponzo’s Cream and Glimmerogg Timeshare Voucher. They can be exchanged for recipes like Schematic: Polarity Bomb.
As for other Engineering recipes and items introduced in Patch 10.1, they are as follows:
As usual, you can create a variety of deadly bombs and rockets, which can be useful in specific situations if everything works as planned.
Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Engineering Changes
In Patch 10.0.7, Engineering received a few minor updates. Engineers can learn the recipe Schematic: Gnomish Voicebox from Trader Hag’arth. The latter can be found in Morqut Village when you land in The Forbidden Reach.
When exploring this area, you will discover Broken Gnomish Voicebox. By using this curio, you can create Gnomish Voicebox to summon Fimbol. The latter is the special rare that can only be summoned this way. It drops a variety of loot, which is impossible or extremely difficult to get somewhere else. You can even obtain Knowledge Points if you are lucky enough.
Here is the end of our Dragonflight Engineering guide. Once again, Engineering is a super comprehensive and hard-to-learn profession. We hope you have got the basics of it and are now ready to destroy everything around you with your explosives. This guide will be updated if any changes occur. Make sure to stay with us to become the best engineer in the Dragon Isles.
How do I level up Engineering in Dragonflight?
The easiest way to level your profession is to use our leveling table. You just need to prepare all the resources mentioned in advance. Besides, remember to visit your profession trainers, as they teach you new recipes and skills needed to create higher-rank items.
What can you make with Engineering in Dragonflight?
As an engineer, there are plenty of alternatives at your disposal. Starting with all types of explosives, reagents, and profession tools. On top of that, you have epic armor and weapon enchants. Is there anything you can think of? All that can be easily sold on the market at a very decent price point.
How do I make money with Engineering in Dragonflight?
As we have said before, you have so many items to vendor away. You just need to pick the category you are most interested in and start mastering a certain specification. Then, you will be able to create top-tier equipment and consumables to sell to others around.
Is Engineering profitable in Dragonflight?
Just like any crafting profession, it absolutely is. Mastering Engineering can bring you a lot of gold if you know what you are doing. Unlike many other handicrafts, you need to clearly understand what things you want to specialize in. If you do this, you can become a true artisan in a particular field and sell your stuff for tons of gold.