Welcome all football fans to the 532 formation guide for FC24. In this series, we continue to explore player formations and everything surrounding them. We talk about the meaning and importance of formations, how they work in practice, and the theoretical reasoning behind each one. Whether you’ve never cared about this before or you’re just looking to try out something new, this guide will provide everything you need to understand and learn the 532. Before we proceed any further, let’s quickly go over what it is that we’re actually talking about.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Apart from learning about the 5-3-2 formation, you can also Buy FC 24 Boost from SkyCoach. We offer a wide range of products at the lowest market price and with the fastest delivery. You can make your first purchase even CHEAPER if you find a special PROMO CODE (highlighted in green) hidden in this article and get a 20% DISCOUNT.
Check out some of our most popular FC 24 Boosting services below:
For those of you who don’t know, formations are how you place your players on the field. Since each soccer player has a designated role, you can put them in different positions relative to each other and make plays based on where everyone is at any given moment. The game functions in such a way that makes AI players that you’re not controlling to try and hold the chosen formation at any given moment. Furthermore, whenever certain conditions are met, your AI players will take specific actions according to the instructions you gave them. Positioning and instructions together form an arsenal of tools that allow you to execute your strategies even when you’re only controlling one particular player at a given moment.
What is The 5-3-2 Formation?
Let’s begin by explaining how formations are named or what these numbers even mean. Formations in soccer are named based on the number of players in each line of the team. The three numbers in a soccer formation represent the number of players in the defense, midfield, and attack, respectively. For example, in a 5-3-2 formation:
- First number (5): Indicates the number of defenders, typically organized as a line of three center-backs with two full-backs on either side.
- Second number (3): Represents the number of midfielders. These players operate in the middle of the field, contributing to both defensive and offensive aspects of the game.
- Third number (2): Signifies the number of forwards or strikers, the players responsible for scoring goals.
In a 532 formation FC 24, aka the Flat Back Five or the Defensive Formation, the team has five defenders, three midfielders, and two forwards. This formation is often employed to provide a solid defensive structure with a compact midfield, making it challenging for the opposition to break through. The pair of forwards provides assistance in offensive scenarios, while the wing-backs can contribute in both defensive and offensive aspects by executing overlapping runs on the flanks. Here’s the breakdown:
- Defensive Line (5) consists of Center-Backs (3): Positioned centrally, these players are the backbone of the defense. They focus on intercepting opposition attacks, marking opposing forwards, and clearing the ball. Full-Backs (2): Placed on the wings, the full-backs extend the defensive reach. They assume a dual responsibility, bolstering the offensive play through synchronized runs with the midfield, precision crosses, and simultaneously fortifying the defensive line.
- Midfield (3) consists of Central Midfielders (3): Positioned between the defensive and attacking lines, the central midfielders play a crucial role in linking the defense and attack. They contribute both defensively and offensively, helping to control the flow of the game.
- Attacking Line (2) consists of Forwards (2): Positioned at the top, the forwards are responsible for scoring goals. They may work together as a striking pair, with one playing the main attacking role and the other being there to cover him through runs and link-up play. BLOG20
The 5-3-2 formation FC 24 is recognized for its solid defensive structure, creating challenges for opponents to penetrate. The full-backs possess the adaptability to engage in offensive maneuvers, supplying width and crossing alternatives during possession. Central midfielders serve as a vital link connecting defense and attack, facilitating a seamless transition. The formation's effectiveness frequently hinges on the team's capacity to uphold defensive discipline and exploit counter-attacking chances.
Pros and Cons of the 5-3-2 Formation
As with any strategy, it has its own strengths and weaknesses. To utilize this formation to its fullest potential, you must know both. Let’s start with the PROs of the 5-3-2:
- Defensive Solidity: The formation's emphasis on a five-player defensive line provides a robust defensive structure, making it difficult for opponents to penetrate and score.
- Compact Midfield: With three central midfielders, the team can control the midfield area effectively, limiting the opposition's ability to build up play through the middle.
- Counter-Attacking Opportunities: The defensive arrangement of the formation facilitates swift transitions into counter-attacks. The pair of forwards can capitalize on gaps created by the opposing team as they send players forward.
- Flexibility in Wing Play: The presence of two full-backs allows for flexibility in wing play. They can contribute defensively while also providing width and crosses in attacking situations.
- Versatility in Defensive Strategies: The 5-3-2 formation can adapt well to different defensive strategies, such as high pressing or sitting deep, based on the coach's tactical instructions and the flow of the game.
And now, let’s talk about a few CONs of the 5-3-2:
- Limited Attacking Presence: when you only have two forwards, this significantly limits your ability to make an effective attack. This also means that you will go through hell trying to break down well-organized defenses.
- Reliance on Wing-Backs: The success of the formation often depends on the performance of the wing-backs, who are crucial in both the defensive and offensive phases. Injuries or poor form of these players can impact the team's balance.
- Vulnerability to Wide Attacks: The flat-back five can be susceptible to attacks from wide areas, as there may be space for opposition wingers or full-backs to exploit.
- Midfield Overcrowding: In certain situations, the midfield may become congested due to the three central midfielders, limiting passing options and fluidity in buildup play.
- Dependency on Strong Center-Backs: The effectiveness of the formation relies heavily on the quality and fitness of the center-backs. Injuries or lack of depth in this position can weaken the defensive structure.
Now that you know its weak and strong sides, you can start using the best 5-3-2 tactics FC 24 and playing to their strengths. In the following sections we will start explaining just how exactly you can play using it.
Is the 5-3-2 Formation Good?
This formation is very good because you can defend with five players in the back, which is useful when you’re going toe-to-toe with the real sweats in this game who play tournaments all day long. A lot of players still struggle with the defense aspect of football, and this formation gives you the safest and strongest defense. It gives you one CDM, which sits back deep and just helps you cover any spaces that are in front of the three center backs. It’s just amazing to be able to defend like this. Then you have your two Center Mids that are box-to-box Center Mids. In summary, these are the key features:
- Defensive solidity with five at the back.
- Deep-lying CDM covering spaces effectively.
- Box-to-box center-mids contributing to defensive and offensive phases.
- Two forwards for central attacking threats.
- Full-backs contribute width and aid in advancing offensive strategies.
In the attacking phase, the formation features two forwards positioned centrally, ready to capitalize on through balls and counter-attacks. The strategic involvement of full-backs adds width to the team's attacking play, providing crossing options and supporting offensive maneuvers. The versatility of the 5-3-2 allows it to adapt dynamically, making it an effective choice for maintaining a solid defensive foundation while remaining potent in attack. Speaking of, let’s talk about how you approach the attacking using this defensive formation.
How to Attack with the 5-3-2 Formation?
Let’s break down some of the additional settings for FC 24 532 best custom tactics that you will utilize along with the formation itself:
|Build up play
|Players in Box
Now, let’s explain our 532 custom tactics FC 24 choices here:
- Balanced Offensive Tactic - this is the most broken setting in the game, in the sense that it makes literally no sense to switch to something else. That’s how good it is.
- Direct Passing - same as with the Balanced Build-Up Play.
- Width 40 - keeps your Center Mids more compact and your strikes more closely together, so you can do quick Tiki Taka
- Six players in the box - provide added defensive stability. It allows a team to have more players in key areas to challenge and clear incoming crosses, reducing the likelihood of conceding goals from set-piece situations.
- Corners and Free Kicks - are up to you.
In the attacking phase, you should use a patient and calculated buildup. Quick, low passes are utilized to move the ball efficiently, and the focus is on transitioning play to the wings, where space is often available. By switching wings when necessary, you will maintain control and create opportunities to exploit the opponent's defensive vulnerabilities.
How to Defend with the 5-3-2 Formation?
This formation offers a sturdy defensive line while also providing avenues for counter-attacking opportunities. Here's a concise guide to defending effectively with the 5-3-2:
- Compactness: Maintain a compact shape with your three center-backs to deny space for the opposition's forwards.
- Midfield Support: Ensure your central midfielders stay disciplined and close to the center of the pitch, ready to intercept passes and disrupt the opponent's build-up play.
- Patience: Avoid reckless challenges and interceptions. Instead, be patient and wait for the right moment to win back possession.
- Defensive Awareness: Keep track of opponent runs, particularly from wide areas. Your wing-backs should be vigilant in tracking back and preventing dangerous crosses into the box.
- Utilize the CDM: The lone central defensive midfielder acts as a shield in front of the defense, cutting passing lanes and providing additional cover.
By adhering to these defensive principles, you can effectively stifle opposing attacks and create opportunities to launch swift counter-attacks, capitalizing on your team's defensive solidity.
What Clubs Use the 5-3-2 Formation?
Several teams have experimented with it or used it as a situational formation. Here are some examples:
|Occasionally deploys 5-3-2 with emphasis on wingback involvement and a strong defensive block.
|Utilized a variation of 5-3-2 with inverted wingbacks, focusing on wing play and quick transitions.
|Used a similar structure with 3 central defenders and wingbacks for specific matches, prioritizing defensive solidity and counter-attacks.
|Has experimented with the 5-3-2 formation in certain situations.
|Has experimented with the 5-3-2 formation in certain situations.
|Has experimented with the 5-3-2 formation in certain situations.
But, as you know, FC 24 lets you create your own team by adding any players from any team you want. If you want to try out the formation, you can start by picking these teams. Once you’re comfortable enough, you can start making your own team by picking players that will be best for the 5-3-2.
How To Counter The 5-3-2 Formation?
If you meet an opponent who uses this formation, you can counter it by utilizing some effective tactics. Here is the 532 formation guide on effective ways to counter it:
- Exploit Wide Areas:
The 5-3-2 often relies on wingbacks for width. Exploit the spaces left by these wingbacks by attacking down the flanks. Overloading wide areas with wingers or fullbacks can stretch the defensive line.
- Quick Transitions:
Since the 5-3-2 formation can be defensively compact, catching the opposition during a quick transition can be effective. Counter-attacks with pace can exploit spaces left by the advanced wingbacks.
- Press High Up the Pitch:
Pressing high disrupts the defensive structure of the 5-3-2, preventing the team from settling into a compact shape. Applying pressure on the ball carrier, especially in midfield, can force turnovers.
- Create Overloads in Midfield:
With three central midfielders, the 5-3-2 can dominate the middle. To counter this, create numerical overloads in midfield by employing an extra midfielder or using a formation with a diamond or narrow midfield.
- Use Through Balls and Over-the-Top Passes:
Exploit the spaces behind the three central defenders by using well-timed through balls or over-the-top passes. This can catch the defensive line off guard and create goal-scoring opportunities.
- Switch Play:
The 5-3-2 can be vulnerable to quick switches of play. Move the ball from one flank to the other rapidly to exploit gaps in the defensive structure, creating opportunities for crosses or diagonal runs.
- Set Pieces:
Take advantage of set-piece situations. The defensive setup of the 5-3-2 may struggle to mark all attacking players during corners or free-kicks, providing opportunities for scoring from set pieces.
- Individual Skill and Creativity:
Players with exceptional dribbling and creativity can break down a well-organized 5-3-2. Encourage individual flair, one-on-one situations, and moments of brilliance to unlock the defense.
- Patience and Ball Retention:
A disciplined 5-3-2 can be hard to break down, so patience is key. Maintain possession, circulate the ball, and wait for the right moments to penetrate the defensive lines.
- Exploit Fullback Positioning:
When the wingbacks push forward, exploit the spaces they leave behind. Quick turnovers and counter-attacks into the vacated fullback positions can create goal-scoring opportunities.
Adapting your tactics based on the strengths and weaknesses of the 5-3-2 formation is crucial for a successful counter-strategy. It often involves a combination of intelligent positional play, quick transitions, and exploiting spaces left by the defensive setup.
Ultimately, the 5-3-2 is a super defensive and robust formation with its five-player defensive line, providing a solid foundation for teams seeking defensive solidity. This guide has delved into the intricacies of this formation, exploring its defensive and attacking aspects, along with the pros and cons associated with its implementation. For those who choose to employ the 5-3-2 formation in the virtual realm of FC 24, the guide offers valuable insights into custom tactics, both in the attacking and defensive phases. The recommended settings, such as balanced build-up play, direct passing, and specific width, aim to optimize the formation's strengths.
Whether you're a seasoned player or new to the tactical intricacies of football gameplay, this guide equips you with the knowledge needed to navigate the 5-3-2 formation effectively. As you embark on your gaming journey with FC 24, understanding the strengths, weaknesses, and tactical nuances of this formation will undoubtedly enhance your strategic prowess on the virtual pitch.
Is the 5-3-2 Formation Good in FC 24?
The 5-3-2 formation is considered effective in FC 24, especially for those prioritizing a solid defensive setup. Its defensive solidity, deep-lying CDM, and box-to-box center-mids make it a strong choice.
How Do You Play a 5-3-2 Formation on FC 24?
To play the 5-3-2 formation in FC 24, focus on maintaining a compact defensive shape with three center-backs, ensuring midfield support, and using quick, calculated transitions during both attacking and defensive phases.
What Is the 5-3-2 Formation in FC 24?
In FC 24, the 5-3-2 formation features five defenders, three midfielders, and two forwards. It emphasizes defensive solidity, a compact midfield, and counter-attacking opportunities with strategic involvement of full-backs.
What Tactics to Put On for a 5-3-2 in FC 24?
For a 5-3-2 in FC 24, recommended tactics include balanced build-up play, direct passing, a width setting of 40, and 6 players in the box for added defensive stability. Adaptations can be made based on individual playstyle and preferences.