Mining, just like other gathering professions, has become more versatile. Keeping in mind the Dragonflight expansion is at its early launch stage, the prices for new ores are exorbitant. You can use this to earn tons of gold and spend it while gearing up for your first raids. In the future, when the ore prices settle down, you can still make a lot of value out of this profession.
The reason for that is three crucial crafting professions like Blacksmithing, Engineering, and Jewelcrafting strongly rely on raw materials only you can provide. On top of that, you can gather and sell various Rousing Essences. The latter is a must-have ingredient for people of the above-mentioned professions to craft high-rank equipment.
Another major change that influences all WoW Dragonflight professions, including Mining, is the specialization system. This mechanic allows you to determine your playing style. Speaking of Mining in particular, you have three branches to choose from. In the long run, you can unlock and level up all of them. However, we highly recommend focusing attention on one or two of them when you only begin.
Depending on what you choose, you will have your ore yields increased, your chances of getting rare side gathers and Rousing Essences increased. As an extra bonus, you can learn to refine your ores to higher quality levels.
Check out some of our most popular WoW Carry services below:
Just like all crafting professions, gathering ones have also received secondary stats. They provide increased gathering speed, increased yields, and an improved chance of finding rare items. You will also be interested in the newly-implemented feature that we have already mentioned. It is called the Item Quality system. To explain it in a few words, your gathered ores can be of various qualities. The higher quality, the better equipment you can make using your ores. Consequently, it will have increased stats and will cost more.
Now, miners also have their special gear. Your character will wear it every time you perform a profession-related action (e.g. mine a node). This type of equipment does not take up space in your inventory and uses three separate slots instead. It serves not only a cosmetic purpose, as it increases your profession stats as well.
Further in our WoW Dragonflight Mining leveling guide, we will cover all the mentioned novelties in detail. On top of that, we will share the best Mining routes you can use to gather the maximum amount of ore.
We hope you are having a great time in the Dragonflight expansion so far. However, do you feel completely prepared for the upcoming raids? This in-game feature is crucial for top-rank players, as it grants top-rank equipment. Everyone loves this and other types of rewards.
Nonetheless, you do not always have time to take part in a raid yourself. It may also happen that you are not prepared well enough. In this case, we offer WoW Raid Boost services to save your day. By trying it out, you no longer need to stress out about a forthcoming raid. Our players will take care of everything for you. The only thing you are left to do is to enjoy rare loot. We have fair prices and flexible plans you can adjust to your needs.
Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Mining Changes
With the introduction of the 10.1 Patch, a new Mining deposit modifier has appeared. It is called Metamorphic and it can only be found within Zaralek Cavern. All the known ores like Serevite and Draconium can have this deposit modifier. To distinguish it from other modifiers, make sure a discovered ore shows a purple glow.
After you gather a Metamorphic node, you will obtain a few Zaralek Glowspores. The latter is a new crafting reagent introduced in this patch as well. On top of that, you will get the Zaralek Glowdust buff for 2 minutes. You can extend its duration by gathering another Metamorphic ore.
Since we are dealing with a completely new deposit modifier, you can earn a few Knowledge Points. As usual, you get x1 Knowledge Point and x15 Artisan’s Mettle every time you gather a new type of Metamorphic ore and the first time you Overload Metamorphic Deposit.
Overloading a Metamorphic node causes an earthquake making 5-6 giant pillars drop nearby. They can be scattered all around you, some of them even lying lava. By collecting them, you will gain more Zeralek Glowspores.
Mining Applications and Benefits
The biggest benefit you get out of every gathering profession is that your raw materials are indispensable in most other professions’ recipes. Mining, in particular, is a perfect gold-making tool. To make it even more efficient, you can pair it up with Blacksmithing, Engineering, or Jewelcrafting. By doing so, you will always have enough ingredients to craft top-rank equipment. On the contrary, you will have to buy them at the Auction House spending extra gold.
You can choose another way and combine Mining with Herbalism. This strategy is especially beneficial at the early expansion launch. You will have tons of resources to sell to other players who have decided to focus on crafting professions. On top of that, do not forget about Rousing Essences that also play a crucial role for any crafter.
The above-mentioned strategy is what you need to level up your main character fast. The reason for that is you gain a bunch of experience when you gather ores and herbs. Getting this XP boost from both professions can help you not only earn tons of gold, but also be ahead of other players from the very start.
If you are looking for the fastest way to level Mining in WoW Dragonflight without spending too much time gathering various nodes, we have a solution for you. Check out our WoW Powerleveling services where our pro players boost your character for you. It is a great way to save up some time, especially if you consider having several alts. We offer reasonable prices and various plans to choose from.
Newly-Added Dragonflight Ores
Once you arrive at the Dragon Isles, you will discover three new types of ore you can mine. They are scattered across the continent and are usually seen in rocky areas and inside caves. Here is a brief description of each deposit you can mine:
- Serevite Deposit contains Serevite Ore and grants you XP until you hit level 50 in Mining. It is also possible to get Salt Deposit out of it. The latter is used for cooking delicious food;
- Draconium Deposit contains Draconium Ore and grants you XP until you hit level 100 in Mining;
- Khaz’gorite Ore cannot be found as a separate deposit. You can gather this rare ore from Serevite Deposit or Draconium Deposit. Obviously, mining Draconium Deposit provides an increased chance of finding it. If you are lucky to get it from Serevite Deposit, it is likely you have encountered its modified version.
The only answer to the question of how to level Mining fast in WoW Dragonflight is to gather everything you stumble upon in the maximum amount possible. However, you can do this until you reach level 50 in your profession. After that, unmodified nodes will no longer provide you profession experience. To continue your leveling path, you need to focus on their modified types (e.g. Molten Serevite Deposit, Infurious Draconium Deposit, and others).
To make ores you gather of a higher value, you can refine them up to Tier 3. For example, you collect five Tier 1 pieces of Serevite Ore to transform them into one Tier 2 Serevite Ore. Everything you create with the latter component will be of higher quality and provide increased stats.
The whole Item Quality system makes you try hard more, but you get rewarded for this. As a rule, the demand for raw materials like ores and herbs is extremely high after each expansion launch. The Dragonflight patch has not become an exception. Everyone around needs tons of ores. Your primary goal is to offer them at the best quality level available.
The Auction House Essentials
As we have already mentioned in our WoW Mining guide, your primary gold source is selling everything you gather at the Auction House. The price you can set strongly depends on the current players’ needs and the whole market state. Since the expansion has gone live recently, the cost of raw materials is as high as ever.
By learning the essentials of trading, you can make the maximum value out of the Auction House. This is the most crucial tool available to earn extra gold whether you are focusing on a crafting or gathering profession. Let us show you an example of what a usual trading session looks like:
- Find the Auction House tab. Once you click it, you will see hundreds if not thousands of various offers from other people. Everyone wants to sell a particular item for as much as possible. Your task is not to get lost, as prices may vary noticeably. As a gatherer, you are not really interested in buying stuff, especially at the early expansion launch. You are here to sell things and you should use the inflated prices for your own benefit;
- If you have made a wise decision and combined Mining with one of the popular crafting professions (e.g. Blacksmithing), you can also sell top-rank equipment. The biggest advantage here is that you do not need to buy ores, as you gather them yourself;
- Another lucrative trick you can try out is to buy a particular item that has a highly-volatile price. Then, you just need to keep it until the cost goes up at least a few pennies. Finally, you pick up the right moment and vendor it away. The price difference is your gain. However, this strategy is for venturesome players only, as you can easily lose potential gold if the price goes lower instead.
We have mentioned the Mining/Blacksmithing combination for a reason. Now, the majority of players are trying their best to gear up for raids and dungeons. Your task is to determine what the current market’s needs are and offer high-rank equipment to them. However, you should not forget to prepare yourself.
If you do not have enough time or resources, we are here to help you. By ordering our Mythic Carry services, you can be sure that our pro players will get you the rarest loot possible. You no longer need to spend hours searching for a group of five skillful players or crafting top-notch gear. All you are left to do is to enjoy the rewards and keep exploring the continent. We offer reasonable prices and flexible plans you can adjust to your needs.
Deposit Modifiers: Everything You Need to Know
Mining would not be so exciting without six new modifiers implemented in the game. For now, we have Hardened, Infurious, Molten, Primal, Rich, and Titan-Touched modifiers. Both Serevite Deposit and Draconium Deposit can have one of these effects. Since five of the six modifiers also provide you with Rousing Essences, Mining gets even more beneficial. They are used in a large number of recipes in other professions.
Gathering modified deposits is also useful for the following reasons:
- You gain one Knowledge Point every time you mine a new deposit. It means you can only gain up to two of them if we are talking about basic nodes. However, having six modifiers that can be applied to any node means you get up to 12 Knowledge Points in total;
- Once you have enough of those points, you can start mastering one of your profession specs. We will talk about each of them further in our Dragonflight Mining leveling overview, but we would like to mention one talent tree right now. If you choose to specialize in the Mastering the Elements branch, you can learn the Overload Elemental Deposit ability. Casting it on the nearby modified node grants bonus effect, some of which are quite unpredictable;
- No matter how far you have advanced in your profession, modified deposits always provide XP when gathered. This rule applies to both Serevite Deposit and Draconium Deposit.
Now, let us plunge deeper into the world of Mining and see what modified deposits we currently have in the game:
- Molten nodes are quite dangerous, as they make you suffer from the Smoldering Ore effect. These mines are usually found near volcanic areas. Gathering them grants you Rousing Fire. Those who choose to focus on the Molten branch of the Mastering the Elements spec, can gain the Molten buff. The latter empowers your abilities causing enemies to burn for 6 seconds.
- Primal mines are probably the most valuable ones, as they contain several Rousing Essences mixed together. As a rule, they drop Rousing Earth and/or Rousing Fire. Those who choose to focus on the Primal branch of the Mastering the Elements spec, can gain the Explosive Elements buff. The latter reduces your Overload cooldown by 30%. On top of that, your spells and abilities gain a chance to deal bonus Elemental damage.
- Rich mines do not offer any elemental bonuses. These nodes provide you with extra ore. You can easily discover those deposits, as they look like an enlarged version of the usual ones.
- Titan-Touched nodes are the most difficult ones to find. They are usually placed on the high grounds which you can only get to by using Dragonriding. Gathering these mines grants Rousing Order. Those who choose to focus on the Titan-Touched branch of the Mastering the Elements spec, can gain the Enlightened Potential buff. The latter increases your speed by 15% and secondary stats by 3%.
As you can see, you have a large variety of nodes available. All the Rousing Essences you can extract from these mines are used in dozens of other professions’ recipes. It seems that Rousing Order is going to be in the highest demand. The reason for that is its rareness and the fact that it only spawns in hard-to-reach places.
The Sources of Knowledge Points
We have already mentioned Knowledge Points in our Dragonflight Mining overview, but not all players understand how vitally-important this new currency is. The most important thing here is that you use them to progress further in your profession specs. As a gatherer, it grants you increased yields, a higher chance to loot rare items, and even allows you to mine nodes while mounted.
To begin with, you do not have too many sources you can get these points from. On top of that, they are not refundable. It means you have to think twice before you press the Apply Changes button. After you do this, everything you have spent will stay like this permanently.
Luckily, you will have enough time to think about what build you would prefer, as the specialization system unlocks after you reach level 25 in your profession. Here is the list of all available Knowledge Point sources available for you as a gatherer:
- When you gather a new basic node for the first time, it grants you +1 Knowledge Point and 3x Artisan’s Mettle;
- When you gather a modified node for the first time, it grants you +1 Knowledge Point;
- Once you hit level 25 in Mining, head to Thaldraszus and find Bridgette Holdug there. By doing so, you will gain +10 Knowledge Points and 50x Artisan’s Mettle. Do not try to find this NPC before the stated level, as she is a Hidden Master.
- You can also earn those points by returning rare items to particular NPCs. For example, completing The Master of Their Craft with Khadin in Ohn’ahran Plains gives you this opportunity. You can return Dragon Shard of Knowledge and get 3 Knowledge Points and 50x Artisan’s Mettle each time.
- Traveling around the continent will undoubtedly lead you to Valdrakken. Find an NPC named Rabul. Among the sold items, you will be particularly interested in Dusty Miner’s Notes. You can buy it up to three times, each grants you +15 Knowledge Points. However, it becomes more expensive after each purchase. On top of that, you should have a specified reputation level with the Artisan’s Consortium, one of the minor Dragonflight factions, to buy it.
- You get access to the first-time purchase when you have 100 Artisan’s Mettle and at least level 25 in your profession. You get this mettle for creating new items for the first time and mastering your profession as a whole.
- You get access to the second-time purchase when you have 200 Artisan’s Mettle. On top of it, you need to establish a valued reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. If at least one condition does not comply, you cannot get access to the second purchase.
- You get access to the third-time purchase when you have 300 Artisan’s Mettle. Besides, you need to establish an esteemed reputation with the Artisan’s Consortium. If at least one condition does not comply, you cannot get access to the second purchase.
- Once you have completed the campaign and reached level 68 or higher, you get access to World Quests and Profession Quests. When you are done with Mining quests, you can gain +3 Knowledge Points from Mining Field Notes. However, your profession level should not be lower than 50.
- You can try out the newly-implemented Crafting Orders system. There, look for Draconic Treatise on Mining, which is created by scribes. Buy and use it to get one Knowledge Point. The only downside of this alternative is that you can use it once a week. Besides, the prices for this item are often too exorbitant.
- Finally, while exploring the continent and mining everything you encounter, there is a chance to loot the following rare items:
- Elementally-Charged Stone provides +1 Knowledge Point and +5 Artisan’s Mettle upon use;
- Heated Ore Sample provides +1 Knowledge Point and +5 Artisan’s Mettle upon use;
- Unyielding Stone Chunk provides +1 Knowledge Point and +5 Artisan’s Mettle upon use;
- Iridescent Ore Fragments provides +1 Knowledge Point and +5 Artisan’s Mettle upon use;
- Iridescent Ore provides +3 Knowledge Points and +15 Artisan’s Mettle upon use but can only be discovered once per week.
These are all the sources you can use to gain extra points. Before you spend any of them mastering a particular spec, think about it twice. As a rule, monitoring the current players’ needs with the Auction House’s help makes it easier to understand what talent tree is actually worth it.
If you do not wish to spend all your free time hunting for those exclusively rare Knowledge Points, we have a solution for you. To speed up your game progression, buy World of Warcraft Boosting from our company. This is a completely legit and safe way to level up as many characters as you wish and get any profession maxed out. Our pro players will take care of this job for you. We offer reasonable prices and flexible plans to suit your needs.
Profession Stats Explained
With the Dragonflight patch, all professions have gotten another major update. In this part of our Mining leveling guide, we want to talk about Deftness, Finesse, and Perception. This is how they work and what bonuses provide:
- Deftness increases your mining speed;
- Finesse increases your chance of looting more ore from one node;
- Perception increases your chance of discovering other rare items when mining nodes.
As a rule, you get those stats increased by progressing further in your profession specs.
Dragonflight Mining Specializations
The most awaited and exciting novelty of this expansion is the specialization system. It becomes available after you reach level 25 in your profession. Here, you will need tons of Knowledge Points we have talked about earlier. However, progressing in a chosen spec opens you many opportunities making you a true artisan in a specific field.
As a miner, you have three branches to choose from. Mastering all of them is theoretically possible, but it will require a lot of time and effort. This is definitely not the main goal at the early launch. Instead, choose one or two branches and focus on creating your own build. The final decision can also depend on the current market’s state.
This specialization is a true find for people striving to extract the maximum amount of ore. It is also useful for miners hunting for gems and other rare items. Maxing its main branch allows you to mine nodes without dismounting.
The first talent tree of this spec is called Sorting. It increases your overall profession Skill and Finesse every time you invest points into it. Maxing this branch to the cap allows you to extract a greater amount of ore from each node.
The second talent tree of this spec is called Surveying. By mastering it, you learn to find deposits and rare materials easier. It also increases your Perception every time you invest points into it. Maxing this branch to the cap allows you to extract Illimited Diamonds when mining Rich nodes. They are especially popular among players focusing on Jewelcrafting.
The third and last talent tree of this spec is called Industrialization. It increases your Deftness making you a more proficient miner who extracts ore with a greater speed. Maxing this branch to the cap allows you to discover Gems no matter what node you mine.
This specialization is all about ore refinement. It is also a great choice for people who do not mind spending their time gathering tons of ore. Progressing further in its main branch allows you to refine Khaz’gorite Ore as well. Maxing it to the cap lets you discover Awakened Order when refining Khaz’gorite Ore.
The first talent tree of this spec is called Serevite. As the name suggests, you will learn to refine Serevite Ore starting with the lowest quality level (1) to the highest one (3). On top of that, you can greatly increase all your profession stats. Maxing this branch to the cap allows you to find gems when refining Serevite Ore.
The second talent tree of this spec is called Draconium. As the name suggests, you will learn to refine Draconium Ore starting with the lowest quality level (1) to the highest one (3). On top of that, you can greatly increase all your profession stats. Maxing this branch to the cap allows you to find Rousing Essences when refining Draconium Ore.
This specialization is for players focusing on Rousing Essences and its application in fights. Learning its main branch teaches you the Overload Elemental Deposit ability. The latter allows you to overload a modified node and gain unique effects out of it.
This is what each elemental mine does when you cast Overload Elemental Deposit upon it:
You can master any element by progressing further in a certain branch of this specialization tree. This improves your overall profession stats and reduces the negative effects you can experience after overloading a particular node.
Mining and Dragonriding
No matter what specialization you choose to master, its main goal is to bring maximum value. With this expansion, any player gets access to the flying mount at quite an early game stage. In this part of our Dragonflight Mining guide, we want to share a few tips on how exactly the newly-implemented Dragonriding feature works.
The main difference between the Dragonriding feature and any other flying mount is elevation and inertness mechanics. When getting on a dragon, players can now see a new hud. It displays energy points that are called Vigor.
You can use one of those points to ascend higher or speed up greatly. However, it takes a lot of time to get Vigor refreshed. If you have not learned a specific talent, you need to stay on the ground for quite a while to recover it. Use your energy wisely if you wish to fly up to a mountain to mine a Titan-Touched node, for example. Remember, that it is usually located on high grounds.
Dragonriding also lets you speed up if you choose the right angle. It should be as steep as possible to make your character gain momentum. Once you reach the maximum speed, you can start recovering Vigor points while flying.
Your primary goal is to get a dragon as soon as possible. It usually takes around 30 minutes after you arrive at the Dragon Isles. Once you learn the essentials of the new flying mechanic, you can fly faster than ever and almost never touch the ground. That is why Dragonriding is so important for gatherers, as it allows you to cover huge distances in a blink of an eye.
The Best Dragonriding Build for a Miner
As you travel around the Dragon Isles, you will discover Dragonriding glyphs. The latter is used to learn new Dragonriding talents. As a rule, they provide you with additional Vigor points or their quicker regeneration. This is exactly what you want to focus on when playing as a miner.
The next choice you are going to face awaits you at Tier 4. Here, you definitely want to go for Dragonrider’s Compassion. Not that you really need it. This is just because another talent may provoke mobs around when you land near a chosen node.
Reaching Tier 8, your choice will undoubtedly fall on Dragonrider’s Cultivation. This is exactly what you need when playing as a gatherer. Another talent at this Tier gives you practically nothing.
Reaching Tier 9, which is also the last one, you will face a tough choice. You will eventually learn all three talents, but you should start with the most important one for you. As a miner, you would usually go for Yearning for the Sky. The reason for that is you often land to gather a node and you can use this time to regenerate one or two Vigor points.
The Most Efficient Mining Route in Dragonflight
The route we suggest is probably the best way to level Mining in WoW Dragonflight, as it not only allows you to gather tons of ore, but also contains a lot of modified nodes. By looking at the map, you can see that Tyrhold is the main area you want to focus on and highlighted in red.
Another reason you want to explore everything around Tyrhold is that it has the highest concentration of Titan-Touched nodes. By gathering it, you gain Rousing Order and can eventually transform it into Awakened Order. The latter is extremely rare and in high demand among players of various professions.
However, you cannot only sit and wait for nodes to respawn in Tyrhold. It will take 10 minutes or so. Sitting and waiting AFK for them to appear again brings no value, and as a miner, you want your node farming to be continuous and lucrative. During this time, you can fly and explore other locations we have marked on the map. Just do not forget to check your mini-map and see what nodes are around you. These are Dragonflight’s best Mining spots to gather the maximum amount of various ores.
After farming this amount of ore, you can sell it at the Auction House or use it for your own needs. If you pair up Mining with a crafting profession like Blacksmithing, you will always have recipes to spend ore or Rousing Essences.
Flying across the best place to level Mining over and over again, you not only can boost your profession quickly, but also gain tons of gold and materials. However, you can never be too rich in the Dragon Isles. If you still feel like you cannot afford certain equipment pieces, we have a solution for you. By buying WoW Gold with our company, you can be the richest miner on your server. This is a totally legit and safe way to earn extra gold without spending hours of time grinding it. We offer reasonable prices and various plans you can adjust to your in-game needs.
Mining Trainers in Dragonflight
As you progress further in your profession, you will inevitably have to visit trainers. They are your key to sharpening your skills and abilities. By visiting Mining trainers from time to time, you can also learn new recipes and start producing higher-quality items. Down below, we share Mining trainers’ locations in the Dragon Isles:
- Grun Ashbeard is located in Wingrest Embassy in the Waking Shores;
- Sekita the Burrower is located in Valdrakken in Thaldraszus.
Visiting these NPCs will make you a true specialist in Mining. Do not forget to do this if you wish to progress in your profession and master it to the cap.
We hope you have learned a lot about Mining and its specifications. Use this information wisely to earn extra gold and stay ahead of other players. Keep in mind, your profession has always been in the highest demand and will stay so. Stay tuned, as we will update this guide when any changes occur.
How do I level up Mining in Dragonflight?
The simple answer is to gather any node you encounter. However, try to focus on modified nodes intentionally. They provide more experience and allow you to progress in the profession quicker.
What can you make with Mining in Dragonflight?
As a miner, you gather all types of nodes and various Rousing Essences. Your raw materials are used in many recipes of other professions. Try to combine Mining with any crafting profession to get the maximum value out of it.
How do I make money with Mining in Dragonflight?
It will be more than enough to sell your raw materials on the market. Refining your ores to higher quality will make them way more expensive. After all, you can vendor away your Rousing Essences. If you are patient enough, transform them into Awakened Essences, as their price is exorbitant.
Is Mining profitable in Dragonflight?
Judging by everything we said, it is one of the most profitable professions in Dragonflight. This tendency has always remained and we see no factors it is going to change. All raw materials you gather stay in high demand and are sold at extreme prices.