Operators, take your seats and listen up! This is the CoD Warzone 3 beginners guide 2024 that will teach you the basics of this game mode. Before you grab your ‘shoots and gear to deploy into the Warzone, we’re going to brief you on everything you need to know about it to help you survive and win!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Apart from learning about how to win in Warzone, you can also Buy CoD MW3 Boost from SkyCoach. We offer a wide range of products at the lowest market price and with the fastest delivery. You can make your first purchase even CHEAPER if you find a special PROMO CODE (highlighted in green) hidden in this article and get a 20% DISCOUNT.
Check out some of our most popular CoD MW3 Boosting services below:
This MW3 Warzone beginner guide will teach you the basics of the game mode, but more importantly, it will supply you with tips and tricks for winning that actually work. We’ll go over all of the stages of a match - landing, early stages, looting, rotation, loadouts, how to save your teammates, and how to be useful when you’re waiting for respawn. We’ll close things up with tips for the last minutes of a match where there are only a handful of squads left alive. Warzone is a fast-paced game mode, but it does require smart thinking and understanding of tactics. You can just run around like a headless chicken in hopes that you’re going to kill everyone just because you’re fast. With that in mind, let’s get going.
Before you jump into the game mode, it would be wise to select a loadout or two. If you’ve been playing Call of Duty in multiplayer, you should already have a couple of favorite guns that you like using. So, create a loadout based on your favorite guns. There’s not really a point in picking the so-called “meta” loadouts if you’re not used to using those weapons. And if you can’t line up and land your shots, then what’s the point of meta? Remember, Warzone is not really the place to test out your guns. Take this as the first official tip of this Warzone 3 complete guide - make loadouts with the guns that you are personally comfortable with. When it comes to the rest of the equipment, you might want to change to something more useful than just the things that you use in the MP modes.
- Smoke Grenades - pick this tactical as it can literally save your life and the lives of your teammates. There’s no telling how many uses the Smoke grenades have. Cover the Buy Station to buy back your fallen teammates, and cover the loadout drop to retrieve your weapons safely. Cover the open area to make your rotations safer.
- Semtex - the most often seen lethal equipment you can see everybody use. It’s most reliable because it doesn’t bounce like a Frag Grenade, and plus, you can stick on an enemy if you’re lucky.
Of course, it’s not like other tactical and lethal choices are completely useless. For example, you might pick the Stun Grenade if you know how to push an enemy properly. The author’s personal choice for the lethal slot is the Thermite. It’s not as devastating as the Semtex, but it can be used for area denial when you can’t quite get the enemy with your grenade. But at least you can make them leave their position, which buys you time to do what you need. Besides, when you stick it, it’s a guaranteed kill. It’s also great for finishing off downed enemies from a distance. If someone tries to revive them, they’ll get damaged too! Before we proceed to talking about the perks for your loadout, we wanted to mention that accumulating wins can be done much easier and faster. All you need to do is buy Warzone wins farming service and our veteran CoD players will gladly help you get more wins. This service is performed be real RPO gamers with years of experience in Warzone in its different iterations. They hold positions in the leaderboards each year and they will get you wins using their own experience. This is a professional boosting service provided by the market's most trusted service provider. Place your first order today to get an additional discount!
Choosing Your Perks
There are some legendary perks that everyone has been using for a while. If you want the absolute best, create a custom perk package and put there the following:
- Double Time - double the duration of Tactical Sprint and increase crouch movement by 30%.
- Tracker - Enemies leave behind a footprint trail, and event death markers are visible. Kill markers are hidden from the enemy team.
- Spotter - Spot enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls. Aiming down sights highlights them for the team. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
- Ghost - become undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors.
This will give you and your team the most useful benefits. But these aren’t the only useful ones. If you’re just starting out, you might want to try one of the preset packages, such as the Commander:
- Spotter - Spot enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls. Aiming down sights highlights them for the team. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
- E.O.D. - reduces damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Reset fuse timers when picking up live grenades.
- Survivor - Faster revive speed, reduced health regeneration delay, and enemies that you down are automatically pinged.
- Combat Scout - Bullets you fire briefly mark an enemy for you and your squad. Hitting the enemy from farther away increases the mark time.
This package is good for new players as it will help them survive longer and survive enemy pushes that are initiated with frags and Semtexes. Another noob-friendly package is the Resistor:
- Battle Hardened - Reduce the effect of enemy Flash, Stun, EMP, Gas Grenades, Frangible bullets, and Shock Sticks. Immune to Snapshot Grenades.
- Irradiated - While under the effects of the gas circle, you move faster and take reduced damage.
- Escapist - Increased downed, prone, and crouch speed.
- Shrouded - Drop Smoke Grenade when entering the downed state.
This is a very helpful package for new players since they tend to stay outside the safe zone and often die to the gas. Plus, the increased downed speed and automatic smoke are a big help for your teammates who will try to save your butt. BLOG20
Picking a Spot and Landing
Now, let’s talk about how to start CoD Warzone 3 match and not die in the first minutes. It will all depend on whether or not you’re playing with friends. But for the sake of argument, let’s assume that you’re playing with random teammates who don’t use their microphones.
In the first seconds that you’re all in the game, and there’s a preparation phase, open the map and think about where you want to land. The key advice here is to mark a spot for landing. Usually, players mark a contract that they want to land on and activate it as soon as they land. This moment is crucial because if you don’t mark a contract while everyone’s in the plane, there’s a good chance that each player in your squad will pick a random place and jump out of the plane, which will scatter the whole group. The contracts that you want to try to land on and activate:
- Scavenger Contract - land on this one to quickly equip your squad with decent weapons and equipment. You’ll get 3 loot chests that appear one after the other and will provide you with good weapons, kill streaks, armor, and ammo boxes, which is what you need. When you complete this contract, you’ll get some money on top of it as a reward.
- Bounty Contract - You’ll want to get this one if a) you’re trying to make some early kills, and this contract shows the approximate location of your target; b)you know that other squads have landed near you and you need that extra information about the position of at least one squad to make informed decisions and stay alive.
There’s no reason to pick other contracts because they aren’t that good. If you’re lucky enough to land near a Stronghold, you can capture it, which will open a chest that will allow you to retrieve your loadout for free and provide a UAV effect around the Stronghold.
- Whether or not to land on the edge of a map or try and fly away from the plane as far away as possible is up to you, but here are a couple of things that you should know about:
- Landing at the end of the plane’s path is not smart - you’re not going to be the only squad that has had the same brilliant idea. Therefore, this landing can’t be called safe.
- Flying away from the plane’s path as far as possible is not smart - it’ll take you a long time to make it to a point on the map that’s the furthest from the plane’s path, but by the time you get there, other players will have picked up their loot and money and are already better equipped.
- Landing in a place that has a contract and a Buy Station is smart - this is the best option, as you will loot the area, complete the contract and be able to buy a loadout drop all at the same place.
- If you’re landing in the exact same spot as enemy players - get to a weapon as fast as possible and prepare to engage in a fight. If you see your adversary is having trouble finding a gun (sprinting around), try taking them out with the starting pistol MLOK, as it will guarantee a frag.
- Don’t steal loot from your teammates, especially when you just landed. Keep in mind that your teammates are looting in the same area as you are, and don’t pick up extra weapons or ammo. It’s best to make sure that everyone has a weapon.
These tips might not seem like much, but you don’t need to follow the same strategies as the PRO players because they play on a whole other level. This is how to start playing CoD Warzone 3 as a beginner. These tips work, and they do not require any map knowledge or advanced movement techniques.
Managing Money and What To Buy First
The next part is the core of this Warzone 3 guide for survival. Most squads live through the starting stages of a match, and only a few make it to the last minutes or top 10. What we’re about to tell you might not work every time because the beauty of a Battle Royale game like Warzone is that each situation it throws you in is unique, and you must adapt to it to win. Let’s start with money management:
- Pay attention to your squad’s total money - it will tell you when you can buy a loadout or a UAV.
- Share your money - if you see your squadmate has most of the money and wants to buy the loadout drop (which is usually the case, but not always), drop the money at the Buy Station. In most cases, that person will drop the change money.
- Don’t buy useless stuff - gas masks might seem useful for people who are overpreparing, but this is a waste of money. The only two things you need are the UAV and the loadout drop, plus some money to buy back your teammates.
- Buy the Lodaout drop as soon as possible - random loadout drops start appearing pretty early on, but you don’t want to wait for them and risk running into a squad. Buy your own as soon as possible and make sure the whole squad has got their weapons.
- Always keep extra cash on yourself - your teammates can die in a second, so it’s best to always have at least 3k on yourself for a quick buyout.
Next, you’re going to want to keep in mind the prices of the most valuable items. There are only a handful of them, so it should be easy to memorize.
|Buy Station Item
|The first thing your squad should buy. Provides custom, personalized weapons, perk packages, etc.
|Reveals enemy’s positions for a short time. An invaluable tool in all stages of a match.
|Does not require explanation.
Always make sure that you get your loadouts together. If you’re too spaced out and get your weapons separately, there are good chances that some teammates might get into a fight, and you won’t be able to help out because you’re still trying to get to your loadout. It is essential to stay on your toes and move as a unit. As soon as every part of your squad picks up the same pace as the rest of you, that’s when you’re going to start making plays.
Mid-Game Rotations, Dos and Don’ts
Assuming your squad has gotten their weapons from a loadout and now you’re all looking around, deciding where to go. How to play Warzone 3 like the PROs and not die? Let’s break down your options and general approach. When you play with random teammates, your goal is to decide whether your squad wants to go after kills and pursue other players or if your squad wants to survive. In the first case, you have a few options:
- Option 1
Rotate between Buy Stations. The stations are used throughout the game to buy back teammates and buy necessary equipment. The closer you get to the top 10, the more enemy players will be forced to seek out a buy station. If you select a defensive position, you could pick the remaining enemy players attempting to bring back their friends.
- Option 2
Rotate between Loadout Drops. The random, free drops are rare, but they draw players like moths to the fire. You can camp one of these drops and quickly deal with players who have bad weapons.
- Option 3
Chase down bounty contracts. Bounties are perfect for squads who are constantly on the hunt for another squad. They reveal the approximate area of the HVT of the squad, giving you enough information about their location.
- Option 4
Most wanted contract. If you’re feeling particularly confident, you could try the Most Wanted contract. It reveals the position of the person who picked it up for the rest of the players in the match, and special contracts appear for players who will be hunting the Most Wanted. Whether to set up defenses or stay on the move - the choice is yours. But killing other players while this contract is activated reduces its timer.
If you’re trying to survive, you have a few things you need to have in mind. The goal here is not to engage the enemies but to stay alive, which will require a different set of priorities.
- Always try to get to the next zone as quickly as possible.
- Try to third-party fighting enemy squads.
- Have gas masks in case you end up outside the safe zone.
- Have UAVs to plan your route before moving.
- Plan your route before you go.
If you manage to do all of the above while keeping all of your squad members alive, there are good chances that you will get into top-10, top-5, and even top-1.
Needless to say, communication is key, and if your random teammates aren’t using the microphones, what you can do is take advantage of that awesome ping system. It can almost speak for you. Using it, you can ping a place, ping enemies, any loot, or any other interesting object. Everything you ping will have a unique symbol, and your character will have a phrase related to it. For more Warzone 3 tips about the ping system, you can also request ammo, armor, and money if you open your inventory and click on an empty slot.
Warzone 3 Endgame Tactics
You will be approaching the endgame of a match when the Gulag is going to be closing, leaving you with fewer opportunities to come back after a loss. That is when you’re going to start really thinking about your positions. One of the biggest Warzone 3 tips for beginners in the endgame you can have is - to always remember where all the other players are. Use the UAV and any other means necessary to learn the enemy positions and keep track of them as much as possible. Always thinking about where other people can rotate from.
When it comes to positioning, every time a circle moves, you need to think about three things:
- Staying in the circle - in the last circles, the gas kills fast, and if you run too late for the safe zone, you’ll be easy targets for those who have already taken defense in the next zone.
- Having cover - high ground isn’t great if you are caught out in the open. Whatever place you decide to go to needs to have cover.
- Having power position - this is simply having a high ground, a vantage point from which you can track enemies and select where to move next.
Endgames get very chaotic; there’s a lot of information to keep in the head. But by putting yourself in a good position that checks all 3 of the things we named above, you’re setting yourself up for a win. You need to be rotating earlier than the gas zone starts to push you out. Knowing where other players are and how many are left
More Tips and Tricks
We want to finish this MW3 Warzone gaming guide with a list of general tips that will make you a better player overall. This should give you the right mindset that you can take to any Warzone match.
- Selective Shooting: Avoid shooting enemies you can't confidently eliminate to avoid giving away your position.
- Tactical Positioning: Choose strategic positions and utilize the High Alert perk for awareness of enemy attention.
- Downed Teammates: Be cautious when rushing to revive downed teammates, as opponents may be closing in. Use downed teammates as bait strategically. Or use smokes to increase the chances of reviving teammates safely.
- Efficient Finishing Moves: After downing an opponent, use throwing knives for an instant kill, saving ammo and time.
- Effective Communication: Clear communication through headsets is crucial for relaying opponent information, plans, and overall strategy. Alternatively, use the ping system.
- Buy Station Etiquette: Pull money for loadouts at buy stations and share the remaining funds with teammates for essential items.
- Sportsmanship: Embrace being outplayed, complimenting opponents, and being a positive and supportive teammate. Building a good reputation enhances the gaming experience.
- Learning Attitude: Recognize that improvement takes time, and playing with skilled players accelerates the learning curve. Be open to making friends and sharing resources for a more enjoyable gaming experience.
We hope that you will enjoy your experience in Warzone regardless of the outcome. A good Warzone 3 starting guide should end with a note that says - it takes time to improvise and get better. You can’t follow all of the rules we outlined and win every time. So, have patience. And try to enjoy the gameplay. Camp if you want to camp, rush in if it's fun for you. Last but not least, remember that the game is getting regular updates, and there are other game modes that you can try out as a practice.
This concludes the Warzone 3 new player guide, where we tried to explain that there’s a need for smart thinking and decision-making every minute of a match in this game. There isn’t a moment when you can just chill out and turn your brain out. You can do that in casual multiplayer maps where chaos reigns supreme. In Warzone, if you’re trying to win, start making the right decisions before you hit the button “Play.”
We’ve given you enough information on how to think and what things matter in any match, and the rest is up to you. Remember that your teammates are a huge part of the victory that you’re going to get. So, even if you don’t feel like communicating, you still should keep your randoms up to date on what you’re doing and planning to do. Getting more wins can be easier, depending on what kind of mindset you bring to the table. Try not to stress too much about your low kill count and focus more on making the right decisions, and you will be stacking those wins in no time!
Is Warzone 3 Easy for Beginners?
Warzone 3 is a game that is easy to get into but difficult to master. Winning requires smart thinking and good communication skills if you’re playing in a squad.
How Do Beginners Get Better at Warzone 3?
New players getting into Warzone can get better by making the right decisions from the first seconds of a match. Deciding where to land, what to buy, where to move - all of these decisions matter and can either lead to a win or a quick loss.
Is Warzone 3 Hard for New Players?
Warzone 3 can be hard for new players if they expect the same level of involvement as a casual multiplayer session. The battle royale game mode requires tactics and strategy and not just good reflexes.
What Is the Best Way to Start Warzone 3?
The best way to start Warzone 3 is to pick a landing spot that has good loot or a contract that can get you the loot. It can be far away from the plane’s path or close to it, depending on how confident you feel about competing with other players upon landing on the ground.
Is Warzone 3 Beginner Friendly?
At its core, Warzone 3 is pretty simple, but learning all of its features can be daunting. The TTK is pretty low, so some gamers may feel that the game is rather difficult.
How Do I Get Better at Warzone 3?
To get better at Warzone 3, you need to start preparing your loadouts. Select the weapons that you’re good with and the right set of custom perks. When you land, get enough money to buy the Loadout Drop and share it with the teammates. Always cover your squad with smokes, and you will find yourself being much better at the game.
Is Warzone 3 Hard to Play?
Warzone 3 combines fast gameplay with the complexity of a battle royale game mode where smart thinking is a requirement just as important as good reflexes. Some gamers might find this game hard to play, but a lot of gamers are enjoying playing it regardless.
What Should I Do as a Beginner in Warzone 3?
Create your custom loadout with the guns that you want. Pick a landing spot before jumping out of a plane, and stay close to your teammates. Learn to use smokes in different situations, and you’ll be golden.
Is It Easy to Start Warzone 3?
The game is free to play and doesn’t require any special knowledge, so it is easy to pick up and have fun. It takes more effort and dedication to win more Warzone matches.
Is Warzone 3 Good for New Players?
Warzone is good for new players who are looking for a super cool and tactical shooter set on a big map with lots of vehicles to drive. The game has over 100 customizable weapons and a very smooth movement system that is easy to master.