In the hidden corners of the gaming world, where secrets are traded and treasures are bartered away from prying eyes, lies the enigmatic realm of the WoW Black Market. This clandestine marketplace is a haven for rare and coveted items that go beyond the boundaries of in-game mechanics.
Welcome to our Black Market Auction House WoW guide, where we embark on a journey into the shadows of virtual economies, exploring the ins and outs of this mysterious trading hub. Today, its importance is hard to underestimate, as this is the only way to obtain such rare mounts as Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur or Swift Zulian Tiger, and some others.
Within the following pages, we will uncover Black Market WoW location, as well as share the way it works, and provide you with a complete list of items you can get from it. By reading this article, you will master the art of securing elusive treasures that can change the course of your gaming adventure forever.
Whether you are a seasoned player seeking hidden riches or a curious novice looking to find out more about the mysteries of the gaming underworld, join us as we delve deep into the topic and explain how the Black Market works.
IMPORTANT NOTE: At SkyCoach, you can also Buy WoW Boost at the lowest prices and with the fastest delivery. You can make your first purchase even CHEAPER if you find our special PROMO CODE (highlighted in green) hidden in this article and get a 20% DISCOUNT.
Check out some of our most popular WoW Boosting services below:
What is the Black Market Auction House in WoW?
The Black Market Auction House (also referred to as BMAH) is a unique and secretive marketplace where rare and valuable in-game items are auctioned off to the highest bidder. Unlike the regular in-game auction house, the WoW Black Market Auction House offers exclusive and often unobtainable items, such as rare mounts (e.g. Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent), transmog gear (e.g. Tusks of Mannoroth), and other collectibles.
These items are typically acquired through various means, including limited-time events, and are then made available on the BMAH for players to bid on. The BMAH adds an element of mystery and excitement to the WoW economy, as players compete for these highly sought-after treasures in a hidden and competitive auction setting.
All the bids you are going to make on the BMAH require Gold. Farming it manually requires too much time and you still might not have enough money to afford the item you want. Therefore, you can always Buy WoW Gold with our company's help. We guarantee the lowest price you can find on the market and the fastest delivery time possible. Do not waste a second, get your pockets stuffed with gold with SkyCoach now!
Where is the Black Market Auction House?
When it comes to the Black Market WoW location Dragonflight, it is intentionally hard to find to maintain its mysterious and exclusive nature. It is tucked away under Little Scales Daycare (34.66, 60.50), which requires players to go down the cliff where you will see the entrance. This deliberate obscurity adds an element of excitement and challenge for players seeking rare items, making it feel like a secretive and exclusive marketplace within the game. BLOG20
In the screenshot above, you can see the exact spot for the Black Market Auction House. However, a lot of players still find it difficult to discover the entrance, as it is placed under Valdrakken. For your convenience, we have also attached a screenshot of the entrance itself below.
Once you get inside, you will meet Madam Goya who has been running the Black Market Auction House since it was added to the game. Those of you who have played the Mists of Pandaria expansion should definitely remember her.
NOTE: Do keep in mind that there is another place where you can access the Black Market Auction House. You can find it near the Obsidian Bulwark in the Waking Shores (43.08, 67.43), and the NPC responsible for this spot is Steelsage Gao. While you can see what bids are available at the auction, you CANNOT participate in bidding by using this spot. So, if your goal is to buy something, you should definitely head to the main Black Market Auction House Dragonflight in Valdrakken.
|Under Little Scales Daycare in Valdrakken||34.66, 60.50||Madam Goya|
|Obsidian Bulwark in the Waking Shores||43.08, 67.43||Steelsage Gao|
To sum it up, you currently have the following locations provided above in the table to interact with the Black Market Auction House in the Dragonflight expansion.
How the Black Market Auction House Works
Now that you know where is the Black Market Auction House in WoW, it is high time to add a few works on how it works. To put it shortly, it operates differently from the standard in-game Auction House. Below, you can find a step-by-step guide, explaining the whole process, which starts from listing items and winning them:
- Item Listings. The BMAH periodically lists a selection of rare and valuable items, including rare mounts, transmog gear, and other unique collectibles. Do remember that you can never know in advance what items you will find when searching through the BMAH this item. The devs will list random items to ensure players’ interest is always at its peak. These items are usually acquired through various means, such as discontinued promotions, boss drops, or other limited-time events;
- Bidding System. To acquire an item from the Black Market, players must place bids using Gold. Bids are typically open for a certain period (24 hours), during which players can place bids on the items they desire. If your goal is to acquire an extremely rare item, the bids can be enormous. However, the maximum bid is 9,999,999 and you cannot offer more;
- Bid Increments. Bidding on an item in the BMAH requires players to meet or exceed the current highest bid by a predetermined bid increment. The higher the bid increment, the more competitive the bidding process becomes;
- Winning and Payment. When the bidding period ends, the player with the highest bid wins the item. The winning player is required to pay the winning bid amount in gold to acquire the item. If you win, the item is sent to your mailbox;
- Limited Availability. The items available in the BMAH are limited in quantity and vary from one listing to another. Once an item is sold or the bidding period ends, it may not reappear for a while, if at all. This scarcity adds to the competitiveness of the marketplace.
As you can see, the rules of the Black Market Auction House are simple yet unpredictable. You never know what items you are going to see on a list and how much Gold other players would offer for it. As a rule, everything comes down to how much your pockets are stuffed with Gold. To ensure you always have enough in-game currency to afford yourself an item you want, you can always Buy WoW Gold from SkyCoach. We offer the best market price and guarantee the fastest delivery to any server you are playing on. The service is 100% safe, as thousands of players use it on a daily basis.
Available Items at the Black Market Auction House
What makes the Black Market Auction House so special is the range of items you can find there. Of course, not all of them will be available simultaneously, but you will definitely discover an item you would be interested in. Below, you can get acquainted with all the items at the Black Market Auction House currently available in the game:
Further in this article, we will explain what items you can find within every one of these categories.
Some of the following Black Market Auction House mounts can be obtained through other means (e.g. farming Raids/Dungeons/World Bosses), but the easiest method is to get your hands on them by winning a bid.
- Rare Dungeon Drop:
- Deathcharger's Reins — This mount represents an undead skeletal horse, often associated with death knights and the macabre;
- Armored Razzashi Raptor — It represents a heavily armored and fierce raptor, reflecting the dangerous wildlife of certain in-game zones;
- Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth (Alliance) — This mount symbolizes the might of the Alliance factions in the game, featuring a large, heavily armored mammoth;
- Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth (Horde) — Similar to the Alliance version, this mammoth represents the strength and unity of the Horde factions;
- Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake — It is a mount based on the blue dragonflight, known for its association with magical and arcane powers;
- Reins of the Drake of the North Wind — This mount embodies the elemental power of wind and ice, with a sleek and icy appearance;
- Reins of the Raven Lord — It represents a mysterious and mystical raven-like creature, evoking a sense of nature and the unknown;
- Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake — This mount is a crystalline dragon, symbolizing a fusion of earth and gem-like qualities;
- Swift White Hawkstrider — It represents a majestic and elegant white hawkstrider, which is a type of avian mount in the game;
- Swift Zulian Panther — This mount is a sleek and predatory panther, associated with the jungle-themed Zul'Gurub raid.
- Rare Raid/World Boss Drop:
Full List: Abyss Worm, Ashes of Al'ar, Clutch of Ji-Kun, Experiment 12-B, Felsteel Annihilator, Fiery Warhorse's Reins, Flametalon of Alysrazor, Ironhoof Destroyer, Invincible's Reins, Kor'kron Juggernaut, Life-Binder's Handmaiden, Living Infernal Core, Mimiron's Head, Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Azure Drake, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Amber Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Jade Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Slate Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Blazing Drake, Reins of the Blue Drake, Reins of the Drake of the South Wind, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Onyxian Drake, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, Shackled Ur'zul, Smoldering Egg of Millagazor, Solar Spirehawk, Son of Galleon's Saddle, Spawn of Horridon.
- Trading Card Game (TCG) Mounts:
- BMAH Only:
- Swift Razzashi Raptor — This mount is swift and agile, known for its speed and ferocity, reflecting the dangerous wildlife of certain in-game zones;
- Swift Zulian Tiger — It represents a sleek, powerful, and highly sought-after tiger mount, often associated with the Zul'Gurub raid;
- Reins of the Plagued Proto-Drake — This mount embodies a corrupted and diseased version of the normally majestic proto-drake, symbolizing the corruption that has taken hold of certain creatures in the game world;
- Core Hound Chain — It represents a chain of fiery core hounds, creatures known for their association with molten lava and the elemental Fire, making it an intimidating and fiery mount;
- Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur — This mount is a massive, mobile trading post, symbolizing wealth and convenience in the World of Warcraft economy. It is a unique and prestigious mount due to its size and functionality, making it a mobile vendor for players.
- Leywoven Flying Carpet — This mount is a magical flying carpet, woven with ley energy, representing a blend of arcane and mystical craftsmanship.
- Reins of the Green Proto-Drake — It embodies a vibrant green variation of the proto-drake, reflecting the lushness of nature and its connection to the game's lore.
- Reins of the White Polar Bear — This mount represents a majestic and resilient polar bear, symbolizing the harsh, icy environments of the Northrend region.
- Reins of the Rusted Proto-Drake — It is a unique and visually distinct version of the proto-drake, appearing rusty and worn, possibly reflecting a tale of survival and endurance.
- Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent — This mount is a fearsome, thundering serpent with an onyx coloration, evoking a sense of power and mystique.
- Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent — Similar to the Onyx Cloud Serpent, this mount represents another majestic and thundering cloud serpent, but with a vibrant ruby-red appearance.
- Valarjar Stormwing — This mount symbolizes the might of the Valarjar, a faction in the game, and takes the form of a winged, celestial creature, radiating a divine aura.
- Vile Fiend — This mount embodies a menacing and grotesque fiendish creature, reflecting a sinister and malevolent presence in the game world.
As a rule, the majority of players are interested in mounts more than any other items. Therefore, the devs have tried their best to include as many rare items as possible for you to choose from. The only problem here is to wait for a particular mount to get listed on the Black Market Auction House.
Various pets are the second most popular category of items players are looking for on the Black Market. However, there are no BMAH-exclusive pets, as all of them can be obtained through other means. Still, using the Black Market is a preferable choice if you have no time for grinding a specific activity for days and nights.
- Argent Tournament:
Apart from winning a bid on the BMAH, you can also obtain these pets through the Argent Tournament grinding. However, every one of them will cost you x40 Champion’s Seal. So, it is much easier to buy them from the Black Market, especially if you are aiming to get your hands on a pet from a different faction.
- Dun Morogh Cub;
- Durotar Scorpion;
- Elwynn Lamb;
- Enchanted Broom;
- Mulgore Hatchling;
- Sen’jin Fetish;
- Shimmering Wyrmling;
- Teldrassil Sproutling;
- Tirisfal Batling.
- Rare Raid Boss Drop:
- Blackfuse Bombling;
- Dark Quivering Blob;
- Droplet of Y’Shaarj;
- Gooey Sha-ling;
- Ji-Kun Hatchling;
- Living Sandling;
- Pygmy Direhorn;
- Quivering Blob;
- Son of Animus.
- Trading Card Game (TCG) Pets:
- Banana Charm;
- Dragon Kite;
- Hippogryph Hatchling;
- Rocket Chicken;
- Soul-Trader Beacon;
- Spectral Tiger Cub;
- Tuskarr Kite.
- World Drop:
Azure Whelpling, Captured Firefly, Cat Carrier (Black Tabby), Darting Hatchling, Deviate Hatchling, Dark Whelpling, Disgusting Oozeling, Emerald Whelpling, Giant Sewer Rat, Gundrak Hatchling, Leaping Hatchling, Parrot Cage (Green Wing Macaw), Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw), Proto-Drake Whelp, Razormaw Hatchling, Razzashi Hatchling, Tiny Crimson Whelpling.
While these are not the most popular things you would search through the BMAH, there is a possibility for you to obtain the following Mists of Pandaria recipes:
- Tailoring Patterns — These are templates and instructions used by tailors to craft a wide variety of cloth-based items, including clothing, bags, and other magical and mundane textiles, reflecting the expertise of tailors in creating fabric-based goods;
- Leatherworking Patterns — Leatherworking patterns are blueprints and designs used by leatherworkers to fashion a range of leather and hide-based products, such as armor, clothing, and bags, showcasing the craft's mastery in working with animal materials;
- Blacksmithing Plans — These are schematics and plans employed by blacksmiths to forge various metal items, including weapons, armor, and tools, highlighting the blacksmith's skill in working with iron, steel, and other metals to create sturdy and formidable objects.
One of the most desirable bids you can only hope to find on the Black Market Auction House are Shirts:
- Sawbones Shirt — This shirt likely bears the rugged appearance and durability associated with sawbones, a term historically used to refer to a ship's surgeon or a battlefield medic. It may feature practical design elements and sturdy fabric, reflecting a utilitarian style;
- Epic Purple Shirt — This shirt represents a stylish and extravagant clothing item in the game. Its name suggests opulence and luxury, likely featuring vibrant purple color and intricate design, making it a fashion statement for characters seeking to stand out in Azeroth.
When surfing through the BMAH, you can get your hands on a variety of extremely rare Tabards. They cannot be obtained in any other ways except for winning a bid on the BMAH, and the starting price for them goes at 5,000 Gold:
- Tabard of the Defender — This tabard likely features symbols and colors associated with protection and defense, symbolizing the wearer's commitment to safeguarding their allies and standing as a guardian on the battlefield;
- Tabard of Brilliance — The item suggests a tabard that radiates with intelligence and arcane power, possibly adorned with mystical symbols and colors that represent knowledge and enlightenment;
- Tabard of Nature — This tabard embodies the beauty and harmony of the natural world, featuring imagery and colors that reflect the flora and fauna of the game's lush environments;
- Tabard of Fury — The item likely showcases bold and fiery motifs, symbolizing the wearer's passion, aggression, or connection to elemental forces of destruction;
- Tabard of the Void — This tabard is likely dark and mysterious, featuring designs associated with the cosmic void or shadowy realms, reflecting a connection to the game's darker and otherworldly forces;
- Tabard of the Arcane — This tabard probably showcases arcane symbols and vibrant colors, representing a connection to arcane magic and the pursuit of mystical knowledge;
- Tabard of Frost — This one is likely adorned with icy and cold imagery, symbolizing a connection to the elemental forces of frost and the chill of the frozen north;
- Tabard of Flame — This tabard is likely ablaze with fiery motifs and colors, symbolizing a deep affiliation with fire magic or elemental fire, and evoking the power and intensity of flames.
The list of Toys you see below contains only the rarest of their kind. There is no other way to receive them apart from buying a WoW TCG Code or winning a BMAH bid. The latter alternative is definitely preferable:
- Fishing Chair;
- Foam Sword Rack;
- Goblin Gumbo Kettle;
- Goblin Weather Machine – Prototype 01-B;
- Imp in a Ball;
- Ogre Pinata;
- Paper Flying Machine Kit;
- Picnic Basket;
- The Flag of Ownership.
Currently, the only way for you to purchase much-desired Tier 3 transmog items is the BMAH. Originally, they were obtainable through the Naxxramas Raid but were removed later on. However, you have a chance to buy them once again by using the Black Market. However, keep in mind that the starting bid is 10,000 Gold, which is quite a lot by default:
- Bonescythe Armor;
- Cryptstalker Armor;
- Dreadnaught's Battlegear;
- Dreamwalker Raiment;
- Frostfire Regalia;
- Plagueheart Raiment;
- Redemption Armor;
- The Earthshatterer;
- Vestments of Faith.
- Raid Bosses/World Bosses Drops:
- Tusks of Mannoroth — These tusks are likely formidable and menacing, bearing the name of Mannoroth, a powerful demon lord in Warcraft lore. They may appear as sharp and twisted horns or tusks, possibly radiating an aura of demonic malevolence;
- The First Satyr's Spaulders — These spaulders likely have a dark and ancient appearance, symbolizing the origin of satyrs, which are corrupted night elves. They may feature ornate and sinister designs, reflecting the first satyr's transformation and descent into darkness.
- Shaman-Only Set:
- Battered Hilt Weapon Transmogs:
- Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind;
- Quel'Delar, Ferocity of the Scorned;
- Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows;
- Quel'Delar, Might of the Faithful;
- Cudgel of Furious Justice;
- Hammer of Purified Flame;
- Lightborn Spire.
- BMAH-Only Weapons:
No one doubts that those Illusions look cool. However, the price for them can reach hundreds of thousands of gold when bidding on the BMAH. Here is a list of the Illusions you want to wait and bid for on the Black Market:
- Illusion: Flames of Ragnaros — This illusion adds fiery effects and burning embers to your weapon, evoking the destructive flames associated with the powerful elemental lord Ragnaros. When applied, it gives your weapon a fiery and menacing appearance;
- Illusion: Deathfrost — The item imparts an icy and chilling aura to your weapon, with frosty patterns and an otherworldly cold glow. It represents the deadly embrace of frost magic, turning your weapon into an instrument of icy devastation;
- Illusion: Winter's Grasp — This illusion is themed around the icy embrace of winter, adding a frosty and magical effect to your weapon. It may imbue your weapon with snowflake patterns and a cold, serene shimmer, symbolizing control over the frigid elements.
Currently, there are two BMAH-only containers you can try to get your hands on:
- Darkmoon Ticket Fanny Pack can be opened to gain x400-500 Darkmoon Prize Ticket;
- Unclaimed Black Market Container is a tricky box you can open, hoping to get any BMAH item currently available on the Black Market.
As we conclude our journey into the shadows of the Black Market Auction House, we have unveiled the secrets, strategies, and allure that make this enigmatic marketplace a thrilling part of the World of Warcraft experience. The BMAH offers a unique opportunity for players to obtain rare and exclusive items, fostering a sense of excitement, competition, and prestige.
Whether you are a collector seeking elusive treasures, an adventurer in search of that one-of-a-kind mount, or a trader looking to leverage the BMAH's economic potential, this guide has provided you with the knowledge and insight to navigate this clandestine realm with confidence.
Remember, the Black Market Auction House is not just a place to spend your in-game currency; it is an adventure, a challenge, and an opportunity to stand out in Azeroth. As you venture forth into the BMAH, may your bids be shrewd, your victories legendary, and your adventures all the more memorable.
What is the Black Market Auction House?
The Black Market Auction House is a secretive marketplace in World of Warcraft where rare and coveted in-game items are auctioned to players, often featuring unique and elusive treasures.
Where to find Black Market Auction House WoW?
Currently, you can use the services of the BMAH under Little Scales Daycare in Valdrakken and Obsidian Bulwark in the Waking Shores.
How to get to the Black Market Auction House?
You can get to the main Black Market Auction House location (Little Scales Daycare) by following these coordinates - 34.66, 60.50
Where is the Black Market Auction House in WoW?
There are two places at which you can access the BMAH: under Little Scales Daycare in Valdrakken and Obsidian Bulwark in the Waking Shores.
How to win Black Market Auction House?
Your goal is to win the chosen bid by offering the highest amount of gold among other players who intend to buy the same item on the BMAH.
How long is Black Market WoW?
Every Black Market Auction House listing lasts up to 24 hours.
How does the Black Market work in WoW?
Every day, a set of random yet exclusive items appear on the BMAH listing. Players make their bids, and the one who has offered the highest amount of gold takes this item.
Is there a Black Market in WoW?
Yes, there is. The BMAH in WoW is located under Little Scales Daycare in Valdrakken.
How to bid on Black Market WoW?
By interacting with Madam Goya under Little Scales Daycare in Valdrakken, you can choose the desired item and offer your bid.
Can you still get the Brutosaur mount?
No, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur can no longer be purchased from usual vendors. However, it may sometimes appear on the BMAH and usually costs a fortune.
At what level Black Market is available WoW?
In the Dragonflight expansion, only level 70 (current level cap) players have access to the Black Market Auction House.