Welcome champions of Azeroth to your ultimate WoW Azerothian Archives guide. This is a fresh event that you will be able to participate in for a chance to earn exclusive rewards. The event is quite grindy and will require dedication from the participants. In this guide, you will learn everything there’s to know about the event, its rewards, and what to do.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Apart from learning everything about Azerothian Archives event, you can also Buy WoW Boost from SkyCoach. We offer a wide range of products at the lowest market price and with the fastest delivery. You can make your first purchase even CHEAPER if you find a special PROMO CODE (highlighted in green) hidden in this article and get a 20% DISCOUNT.
Check out some of our most popular WoW Boosting services below:
WoW Azerothian Archives event delves into the rich history of the Dragon Isles, inviting players to explore, uncover, and witness the events that shaped this ancient land. The lore surrounding the event unfolds on two key levels:
The Battle of Traitor's Rest: This pivotal battle, fought eons ago, saw Neltharion's forces clash with the combined might of the Dragon Isles' various cultures. As you participate in the event, they become archivists piecing together the details of this epic conflict through excavation, technoscrying, and research. By completing these tasks, you will contribute to a collective effort to reconstruct the Battle's narrative and understand its lasting impact on the Dragon Isles.
The Chronicles of the Archivists: Alongside the overarching story of the Battle, you will come across smaller, personal stories through "chronicles" found at dig sites. These chronicles reveal glimpses into the lives of individuals touched by the Battle, showcasing their hopes, fears, and sacrifices. This adds a human touch to the historical narrative, reminding you that behind the grand events of war lie the struggles of ordinary people.
The WoW Azerothian Archives release date is the same as the kick-off of the update 10.2.5 aka Seeds of Renewal for Dragonflight. This event will run every Tuesday at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (1:00 PM Eastern Time) and lasts until the following Tuesday reset. And you can join the event every 9 minutes with a 5-minute downtime between cycles. You can find the next cycle's start time using the in-game event icon on your map with a countdown timer.
You will be able to earn a bunch of WoW Azerothian Archives rewards such as the transmog set parts, Battle Pets, and even Mounts. More on the rewards below. To start the event for the first time, you’re going to need to complete the starting quest. Head over to The Roasted Ram tavern in the central Valdrakken. In it, you will find a quest called “To the Archives!” which will task you with locating the event coordinator and the lead archivist Eadweard Dalyngrigge whom you will find in the Algeth'ar Academy situated in Thaldraszus. He is the leader of the faction called Azerothian Archives and there are reputation levels to work through.
So, what is Azerothian Archives WoW, and how it works? The way the event works is you go to one of the excavation sites marked on the map with the horn icon somewhere in the Traitor's Rest located within the Azure Span. Once you arrive there, you will see a progress bar and a bunch of objectives. Complete said objectives to fill the progress bar that represents the pages collected. Whenever you complete an objective you will receive pages of a tome. Whenever you fill up the progress bar, which essentially tracks how many pages you got up to a maximum of 1,000, you will receive a random Tome that can be one of 3 rarities:
Whenever the 9-minute timer runs out you’re no longer able to accumulate more pages. But, that’s when a world boss, a Shadowflame dragon called Doomshadow appears and players in the vicinity must defeat it to conclude the event. This dragon will drop a few items, among which are the Mysterious Fragments (the WoW Azerothian Archives currency), another 1,000 pages, and Dragon’s Isle supplies.
The ultimate goal of this event is to accumulate the Mysterious Fragments which can be received by either consuming the Tomes, each of which grants a different amount of Fragments, or by defeating the Doomshadow. Then you can spend those Fragments to buy event rewards. To sum it all up, here’s the event in a nutshell:
- Complete the starting quest found in the Roasted Ram tavern by talking with Eadweard Dalyngrigge in the Algeth'ar Academy
- Go to one of the sites and complete the objectives to accumulate pages.
- Every 1000 pages grants you a Tome which can be Mysterious Fragments, the event currency.
- After 9 minutes after the start of the event, the world boss Doomshadow will appear.
- Slay Doomshadow for an extra 1000 pages.
- Turn your Tomes into Mysterious Fragments
- Go to the Provisioner Aristra to spend your Fragments for event-exclusive rewards.
Once again, the WoW Azerothian Archives location is the Azure Span’s Traitor's Rest. This place has several sites where the event will randomly take place. You can also completely avoid the farming of the Mysterious Fragments if you buy Azerothian Archives Boost from SkyCoach that will prompt our professional WoW players to farm the event currency for you so you can spend it on any rewards you want. Consider the fact that you'll need tens of thousands of these fragments to buy the mounts and other cool rewards and place your order. Stop wasting time and enjoy the rewards right now!
Azerothian Archives Mechanics
There’s more than just completing objectives. Each member of the team of archivists has their own approach when it comes to finding information and retrieving it from the sites
- First of all, there’s a buff that increases the rate at which you receive pages based on how many players are participating in the event on the same site as you. The less players, the more pages you will be getting.
- Secondly, the excavation can be done with the use of specific elementals. There’s a unique elemental per each site. Speak with Geo-Archaeologist Roska Rocktooth who will give you the elemental you need. Go to the site, locate the find, and place a totem. Your elemental will proceed to dig up Finds. Those finds can be either artifacts or even enemies that you will have to defeat. BLOG20
- Moreover, you can equip special Technoscrying googles provided by Techno-Archaeologist Zenata. They will highlight objects and items within the site that contain a piece of history. These goggles will act as a radar alerting you whenever you get closer to an item of interest.
- Another type of objective is following a familiar. Each site has this sort of echo of the past, a ghost that emits copies of itself that seek out pieces of information. If you follow the original ghost, it will absorb the information from its copies. This is how Codicological Archaeologist Nirobin conducts his own research.
Some of these little objectives correlate to a weekly quest for this event that you can do for extra rewards.
Azerothian Archives Reputation
As we mentioned earlier, there’s an event faction with whom you can work towards upgrading your reputation. There are 5 reputation levels, each of which requires a certain amount of reputation. Refer to this table to know how much you have left to the next level:
Gaining each new level of reputation will reward you with an event-exclusive item. The most desired reward here would be the one awarded for reaching the Tunured reputation. To achieve this rank you will get Clayscale Hornstrider, which is a brand new mount. Speaking of rewards, let’s talk more about them.
There are a bunch of rewards you can get for participating in the event. But before we get to that, let’s talk about the Achievements. There are several of them and one meta-achievement. Completing each will provide a reward, a piece of transmog set, a battle pet, or a title. Let’s look at the list of achievements, what you must do to unlock them, and what rewards you’ll get:
|The Archives Called, You Answered
|Complete all Azerothian Archives achievements
|Title: Isles Archivist
|Earn max reputation (Tenured) with the Azerothian Archives.
|Historian's Hefty Habersack bag
|When a Rock is Just a Rock
|During Excavation World Quests, gather x10 Just a Rock.
|Historian's Utility Belt waist slot transmog
|During Technoscrying World Quests, /dance with Zenata while wearing the Technoscryers in all 3 locations: Igira's Watch, Dragonskull Island and Concord Observatory.
|Historian's Fingerless Gloves hand transmog
|Find 10 Information-Stuffed Clues while working with Nirobin during the Azerothian Archicves events.
|Historian's Dapper Cap head transmog
|During Big Dig events, recover relics for Eadweard by digging near him while awaiting for orders.
|Historian's Trousers leg transmog
|During Big Dig events, recover tomes by filling bar pages by digging for relics and completing orders. The tomes awarded are random.
|Historian's Fitted Vest chest transmog
|Finally At Rest
|Acquire the story surrounding Traitor's Rest by completing the Weekly quest The Big Dig: Traitor's Rest six times.
|Historian's Striders boot transmog
|Just One More Thing
|Acquire the story surrounding all 7 solo dig sites by completing Azerothian Archives quests at each location a number of times. Current number is currently unknown.
|Historian's Sash waist slot transmog
|Complete all Traitor's Rest excavation objectives
|Explorer's Stonehide mount
|Echoes of War
|Witness all technoscries in Traitor's Rest
|Clayscale Hornstrider mount
|Defeat Doomshadow 100 times
|Hap'he battle pet
|Rank up research to tier 5 of all research projects
|Reese battle pet
Besides these achievements, you can spend your fragments to buy more stuff from Provisioner Aristra.
The Azerothian Archives event offers a diverse array of rewards across various categories, providing participants with an engaging and rewarding experience. In the realm of cosmetics, the event introduces the prestigious Historian's Set in a distinctive brown variant, allowing players to customize their appearance with transmog items such as belts, gloves, boots, pants, chestpieces, backs, and helms.
|Historian's Set (Brown Variant) Transmog
The Excavator's Set, another cosmetic option, offers a different aesthetic with its own set of transmog items.
|Excavator's Set Transmog
Archivist's Tools are specialized items for those seeking unique tools for their adventures. These tools include the Archivist's Magnifying Mace, Rockpuller, Pathfinder, and Stone Chisel, each serving a distinct purpose for intrepid explorers.
|Archivist's Magnifying Mace
|Archivist's Stone Chisel
For those in need of consumables, the event provides Explorer's Packaged Provisions for restoring health and mana, the Provisioner's Toolkit to increase the chances of obtaining rare items from Traitor's Rest objectives, and the Lore of the Dragon Isles Tome, facilitating progress in research projects.
|Explorer's Packaged Provisions
|Lore of the Dragon Isles Tome
|Mysterious Fragment Codex
|Dragon Isles Explorer's Guide
|Timeworn Archivist's Robes
Mount enthusiasts can strive towards acquiring the Explorer's Stonehide Packbeast or the Clayscale Hornstrider, the latter earned through the completion of the challenging "Echoes of War" achievement.
- Explorer's Stonehide Packbeast: 20000 Fragments
- Clayscale Hornstrider: 10000 Fragments (earned by completing the "Echoes of War" achievement)
Battle pet collectors can add Hap'he and Reese to their companions, earned through achievements like defeating the formidable Doomshadow multiple times and reaching the pinnacle of research prowess.
- Hap'he: 10000 Fragments (earned by defeating Doomshadow 100 times)
- Reese: 10000 Fragments (earned by ranking up research to tier 5 in all projects)
Other noteworthy rewards include the Mysterious Fragment Codex, increasing the daily Mysterious Fragment cap, the Dragon Isles Explorer's Guide for bonus reputation gains, the Timeworn Archivist's Robes for a unique transmog set, and the Historian's Satchel, enhancing inventory space for the well-prepared adventurer. The event's rewards cater to a wide range of preferences, encouraging exploration, achievement hunting, and mastery of various in-game activities.
WoW Azerothian Archives Tips and Tricks
Let’s wrap things up with a few WoW Azerothian Archives tips and tricks that you can follow to make the farm for those rewards a bit less daunting:
- Mysterious Fragments Exchange: Utilize your Mysterious Fragments wisely by exchanging them for Pages. These Pages play a crucial role in advancing the event progress bar, bringing you closer to valuable rewards.
- Event Progress Bar and Tomes of Knowledge: As you accumulate Pages and make progress in the event, you'll earn Tomes of Knowledge. These tomes are versatile currencies that can be used strategically.
- Tome Purchases: Spend your hard-earned Tomes of Knowledge wisely. Consider acquiring additional pieces of the coveted Historian's Set to enhance your appearance. Explore the variety of Archivist weapons available and indulge in the functionality of the Explorer's Packaged Provisions.
- Strategic Planning: Plan your fragment exchanges and tome spending based on your priorities. Whether you're aiming for a complete set, powerful weapons, or consumables, a strategic approach will maximize your rewards.
- Diversify Your Rewards: Take advantage of the diverse rewards offered, ranging from stylish transmog sets like the Historian's Set to powerful weapons in the form of Archivist tools. Don't forget the practical benefits of consumables like Explorer's Packaged Provisions.
- Event Progression: Stay engaged in event activities to consistently accumulate Mysterious Fragments, Pages, and Tomes of Knowledge. Consistent participation will ensure a steady progression towards your desired rewards.
- Community and Cooperation: Join forces with fellow players to tackle event objectives more efficiently. Cooperation can enhance your overall experience and speed up your progression.
By following these tips and tricks, you can make the most out of your Azerothian Archives experience, unlocking valuable rewards and enhancing your character's capabilities in the World of Warcraft.
The Azerothian Archives event is another reason to get back into the game in this new update. Designed to dig deeper into the lore and explore the details and history of one of Azeroth’s largest battles, the event provides something to do, a chance to get new rewards and learn something about the game’s largest battle of the past. So, in the way, this event has everything you might want.
WoW Azerothian Archives event explained in this guide, has some interesting mechanics. We’ve provided detailed instructions and on how to start the event, how to complete it, and what you can get out of it. There are lots to do including defeating a dragon! Some of the best rewards will require you to participate in this event every time it runs. You’ll need to farm those fragments like there’s no tomorrow! But, such is the nature of WoW events. Use this guide to your advantage and happy digging!
What Do You Do In the Azerothian Archives Event?
For this event, you’ll be visiting different historical sites of the battle raged long ago. You’ll be recovering historical items and information from them collecting pages which then turn into tomes. In turn, those tomes can be turned into the event currency which can be traded for rewards.
Are there Azerothian Archives Achievements?
Yes, there are in fact several achievements, each of which has rewards for unlocking it. There’s also a meta-achievement that will reward you with a rare title.
How To Get 1000 Pages In The Azerothian Archives Event?
All you have to do is complete various random objectives highlighted on the map inside the event’s current site. If you won’t collect them in 9 minutes, you can try to defeat the dragon which will grant you the desired amount of pages.
How Long Is the Azerothian Archives Event?
This Event runs every week from Tuesday’s reset. The whole thing takes 9 minutes to finish, but after 5 minutes, the event will be active in another location.
How To Get The Clayscale Hornstrider Mount?
You can get the new mount called Clayscale Hornstrider for 10000 Fragments which will also unlock the related achievement!