Fellow heroes, are you ready to unleash swift and deadly vengeance upon the forces of darkness? Then, welcome to our comprehensive Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue build guide. By reading this article, you will learn about Twisting Blades Rogue gameplay, main skills, stat priority, paragon boards, gem choice, and much more. No matter if you are an experienced Diablo player or just starting out, this guide will be of great use to you.
Before we begin, let us figure out what Twisting Blades Rogue build Diablo 4 is about. Well, first of all, it is an overwhelming farming machine. You also move much faster compared to other builds in the game. At the same time, this build is one of the hardest ones to learn to play properly. On top of that, your defensive potential is nothing, and you can die in a second if you get caught.
Judging by the name, you could have already guessed that Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue is built around the frequent use of the Twisting Blades ability. Combining it with other skills like Dash and Shadow Step, you can do amazing damage while staying untouched yourself. If you press your buttons timely and correctly, you will practically one-shot most Elites and destroy all the smaller mobs around.
Are you excited to try this build? Then, you have come to the right place! You are about to learn how to play Twisting Blades Rogue in Diablo 4. If you have no time to level and gear up a new character yet wish to have its full potential unlocked, we have a solution for you. By ordering our Diablo 4 Rogue Build Boost service, you can get a completely ready-to-play character of the chosen build.
IMPORTANT NOTE: At SkyCoach, you can also Buy Diablo 4 Boost at the lowest prices and with the fastest delivery. You can make your first purchase even CHEAPER if you find our special PROMO CODE (highlighted in green) hidden in this article and get a 20% DISCOUNT.
Check out our most popular Diablo 4 Boosting services offered at the best market price:
Twisting Blades Rogue Skills
Our Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue build guide begins with a description of the main skills you are going to use when playing this build. They represent a perfect synergy, allowing you to deal the maximum damage and boast exquisite mobility. So, here is a complete list of all Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue skills you are going to have in your arsenal:
- Twisting Blades – This is the core of this build, as it deals overwhelming damage in combination with other skills;
- Poison Trap – While it does not deal that much damage, it can apply several buffs and debuffs, which are extremely useful in any battle;
- Dash – It lets you position yourself correctly to make Twisting Blades deal the maximum damage. You can also use it to engage and disengage from fights. The range of use of this ability is practically unlimited;
- Shadow Step – Another mobility tool to use in battle. The only difference of Shadow Step is that you need to have a target to activate it. As a rule, you use it to reposition between enemies;
- Dark Shroud – Your primary defensive skills, which allows you to live longer in fights and face off against tough opponents;
- Shadow Clone – This skill is only worth it when you have no problems with Energy recovery. So, in the early game, it is replaced with Puncture. However, it does a great job in the end game and lets you deal a ton of damage against single targets.
Twisting Blades Rogue Pros and Cons
Before you rush to level a new character, let us describe Twisting Blades Rogue’s upsides and downsides first. This will allow you to understand whether this build suits your playstyle and if it is worth spending time to level up an alt. BLOG20
Despite being nerfed almost right after the game’s release, Twisting Blades Rogue cannot be called weak in Diablo 4. Starting with the build’s Strengths, they are as follows:
- Extremely mobile due to constant teleporting;
- One of the fastest and hard-to-catch builds;
- Amazing AoE damage;
- Highly versatile;
- Perfect for fast leveling and farming.
Moving on to the Weaknesses, they include the following points:
- Weak defensive capabilities;
- Hard to play;
- Not that impressive damage against solo targets;
- Requires certain Legendary Aspects to unlock its full potential.
If you are ready to give this build a shot yet have no time to level up a character on your own, we are here to help you. By ordering our Diablo 4 Powerleveling service, you can be sure our professional players will boost your character in a blink of an eye. We offer the best market price and guarantee the fastest result.
Twisting Blades Rogue Specialization Choice
In Diablo 4, Rogues can choose 1 of 3 specializations. They are unique to this class only and can greatly enhance your combat capabilities. To unlock this feature, you need to finish a special Diablo 4 Rogue class quest. The latter becomes available right after you reach level 15 and is placed in your quest journal automatically. Unfortunately, you do not get access to all three specializations right away.
You need to achieve the following level thresholds to open a certain specialization:
- Combo Points – Level 15;
- Inner Sight – Level 20;
- Preparation – Level 30.
So, what is the best specialization for Twisting Blades Rogue build? At first, you have no choice but to pick Combo Points, as all other specializations are locked. When you make it to level 20, we highly recommend that you go for Inner Sight. Why is Inner Sight the best Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue specialization? The main reason for this is that this build is super resource hungry. You will always find yourself in a situation where you do not have enough Energy to repeat your rotation more than once. This is especially a huge problem in the early game.
By utilizing this specialization, you will see a purple icon above certain targets. You need to attack these particular enemies to fill up your Inner Sight gauge placed next to your Energy globe. Once it is full, you will have unlimited Energy for 4 seconds. This is more than enough to deal overwhelming damage and repeat your rotation several times.
If you do not like the Inner Sight specialization or do not want to use it all the time, you can also run Combo Points instead. This will make the build less efficient but you can give it a shot. It especially shines when fighting solo targets (e.g. World Bosses), as it lets you improve your single-target damage output, with which you struggle a lot.
Twisting Blades Rogue Stat Priority
Your damage output highly depends on many factors like start priority, gear choice, and others. We will describe the second topic in detail further in this guide. Now, we will pay some attention to Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue stat priority.
To begin with, your core stats should be prioritized in the following way:
Keep in mind that Willpower should be avoided completely if it is possible. This stat provides you with nothing useful and it is better to replace it with Dexterity or any other stat.
Speaking of a per-slot priority, you value Vulnerable Damage, Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Damage, and Damage to Close Enemies stats more than anything else.
Below, you can find a detailed table containing information on what stats you benefit from most when wearing this or that gear part. They are listed in the highest-to-lowest priority:
|Gear Slot||Stat Priority|
Following the described stat priority on all your equipment pieces is usually enough to cope with practically any endgame content. At the same time, you need to equip the best Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue Legendaries you can only get your hands on. This is the key to the highest damage output.
To get your hands on the strongest equipment pieces, you cannot go without gold. This is required to buy new stuff and upgrade what you already have. Farming it manually can consume a lot of time and make your gaming experience monotonous. Therefore, we offer you to Buy Diablo 4 Gold with our company’s help. We provide the best market price and guarantee the fastest delivery time.
Best Twisting Blades Rogue Legendary Aspects
Apart from wearing the best Twisting Blades Rogue items, your damaging potential also depends on what Legendary Aspects you imprint onto them. In this section of the article, we are going to list all Legendary Aspects that are worth your attention when playing as Twisting Blades Rogue:
- Codex of Power
These Legendaries are dropped from certain Dungeons after you complete them for the first time. They are permanently added to your Codex of Power and can be used an infinite number of times.
Here is a list of Legendary Aspects you should be striving to get from Diablo 4 Rogue Dungeons:
|Dungeon Name||Legendary Aspect Name||Gear Slot|
|Jalal's Vigil – Scosglen||Bladedancer’s Aspect||Ranged Weapon|
|Kor Valar Ramparts – Fractured Peaks||Blast-Trapper’s Aspect||Amulet|
|Halls of the Damned –Kehjistan||Aspect of Disobedience||Chest/Pants|
|Oldstones – Scosglen||Edgemaster’s Aspect||Melee Weapon|
|Champion’s Demise – Dry Steppes||Aspect of the Umbral||Ring|
|Luban’s Rest – Scosglen||Cheat’s Aspect||Chest/Pants|
|Oblivion – Hawezar||Aspect of Shared Misery||Helm|
|Broken Bulwark – Scosglen||Ghostwalker Aspect||Boots|
- Legendary Aspects from Items
Despite having an opportunity to imprint Legendary Aspects from Codex of Power, they are much weaker compared to Legendaries you get from Items. However, the latter is harder to obtain and usually requires spending some time on target farming. To ensure you get as many items with Legendary Aspects, make sure you farm PvP zones for Red Dust, complete Local Events for Murmuring Obols, and open reward caches from Tree of Whispers.
Here is a list of Legendary Aspects you should be striving to get from items:
|Legendary Aspect Name||Gear Slot|
|Accelerating Aspect||Melee Weapon/Ring|
|Smiting Aspect||Melee Weapon/Ring|
|Aspect of the Umbral||Ring|
As you might have noticed, the last aspect from the table above also is also present in the Codex. However, its Codex version is way too weak and it is better to spend your time and get it from an equipment piece.
Best Twisting Blades Rogue Unique Items
As you finish the campaign, you will unlock a wide range of endgame activities. They become available after you reach level 50 and switch to Nightmare difficulty. While progressing further to level 70 or around this mark, you will have a chance to find Sacred items. They provide you with higher stats compared to Legendary ones. Once you make it to level 70, change your World Tier to Torment. Playing on this difficulty allows you to find Ancestral items. They are even stronger than Sacred ones.
Here is a list of BiS Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue Unique items you should be using when playing this build. All of them should replace your existing Twisting Blades Rogue Legendary items once it is possible:
- Harlequin Crest – Provides you with an amazing affix, allowing you to live longer while increasing all your Skills’ ranks. This item should replace your current Twisting Blades Rogue helmet with Aspect of Shared Misery or Cheat’s Aspect;
- Penitent Greaves – These boots will not let your target escape that easily. Besides, it will be much harder to catch you as well. If you are lucky to find these boots, you can even swap Innervation for Frigid Finesse for extra synergy. This item should replace your current boots with Ghostwalker Aspect;
- Doombringer – This sword is a true lifesaver, as it reduces your enemies’ damage and provides you with a ton of additional HP. It should replace your current melee weapon with Edgemaster’s Aspect. It is also worth noting that swords are usually considered Twisting Blades Rogue best weapon type, and this item is exactly what you are looking for.
Also, we would like to share a few tips concerning in what order you should upgrade your equipment. Since your primary goal is to deal damage, you need to focus on Twisting Blades Rogue weapons first in any case. Let us imagine a situation where you have managed to get your hands on Doombringer. Make sure you upgrade to +4 and do not bother about other equipment slots too much. Only after that, you can upgrade the rest of your Twisting Blades Rogue armor to +2.
Twisting Blades Rogue Paragon Boards
Another essential part of the endgame is Paragon Boards. You get access to this feature once you achieve level 50. After that, you will receive 4 Paragon Points per level until you reach the level cap. Combining this with 20 points from Renown and 4 points from Altars of Lilith, you can have a total of 225 points.
Here is the best way to distribute your Twisting Blades Rogue Paragon Points in Diablo 4:
- Starting Board – Here, you are interested in Prime + Skillful + Lawless the most. When you reach the Socket tail, go for Closer and make it stronger by opening all Dexterity nodes around it. After that, you can proceed to the Gate, acquiring the best tails possible.
- Deadly Ambush Board – Make sure to rotate the board to make the Legendary node as close to the entrance as possible. After that, open Trapper and Deadly Ambush moving further to the Socket. Then, go for Engineering and Cunning. Do not forget to pick up Magic Nodes around the latter one as well. In the Socket, go for Diminish to improve your surrounding Rare nodes. When making your way to the Gate to the East, open Spring-loaded as well.
- Cheap Shot Board - Make sure to rotate the board to make the Legendary node as close to the entrance as possible. After that, open Safeguard + Magic Nodes, as well as Cheap Shot. Then, move towards the Socket and unlock Devious, Wiles, and all Magic Nodes. In the Socket node, go for Control and boost it with nearby Intelligence nodes when it is possible. Move to the Gate to the South.
- No Witnesses Board – Here, we are not going to pick up a Legendary node. Instead, you need to rotate the board in the way to make the Socket located as close as possible to the entrance. Start moving towards the Socket, picking up Knowledge + Training as well. In the Socket, go for Exploit and increase its bonuses by unlocking surrounding Strength nodes.
As you can see, we have not moved pathed towards any of the Gates located in this board. Therefore, you need to return to the Cheap Shot Board (the previous screenshot) and make your way to the Gate to the East.
- Cunning Stratagem Board – Here, you need to make the Socket to be in the top left. Forget about the Legendary node and start making your way to the Socket while unlocking Lawless and Finisher. In the Socket, go for Turf and make sure to increase its bonuses by opening Strength nodes around it. After that, head towards the Gate to the South.
- Exploit Weakness Board – Here, we do not go for Legendary node again. Rotate it until the Socket is placed in the bottom left. Start making your way to the Socket and pick up Artifice and Dosage. In the Socket, go for Combat and increase its bonuses by opening Intelligence nodes around.
As we mentioned earlier, all Paragon Boards are built in a way to provide you with maximum Dexterity, which is your main stat. If you need help acquiring more Paragon Points, you can use our Diablo 4 Paragon Leveling service. We offer the best market price and the fastest result possible.
Best Twisting Blades Rogue Glyphs
Let us pay a bit more attention to what Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue Glyphs you should be using and what are they in a nutshell. Glyphs are inserted into Sockets you can find in every Paragon Board you build. Glyphs provide you with amazing bonuses depending on how many nodes with required stats are surrounding them. Glyphs can be leveled up, meaning you can get even more bonuses as you progress in the game. Currently, the only way to upgrade Glyphs is to complete Nightmare Dungeons.
We highly recommend that you start hunting for Glyphs as early as you can. Once a Glyph reaches level 15, it increases in radius, meaning you can capture even more nodes on the board. Below, you can find the order in which you should level them up:
- Exploit – This is a great tool to make your target Vulnerable. As a rule, you want to insert this Glyph into the No Witnesses board because it features a ton of Strength around the Socket node. However, you can activate it earlier if you manage to get it. For instance, you can insert it into Deadly Ambush Board;
- Combat – Since Twisting Blades is a Core Skill, this Glyph is a perfect choice. As a rule, you want to insert it into the Exploit Weakness Board, as you have a ton of Intelligence around the Socket node;
- Diminish – Unlike the two previous Glyphs, this one serves a defensive purpose. It is better to insert it into the Deadly Ambush Board. It will let your buff already powerful Rare nodes nearby;
- Turf – Since you are always near the enemy, you will benefit from this Glyph a lot. Besides, it can provide you with a bit of damage reduction. Usually, you want to place it into the Cunning Stratagem Board;
- Closer – This Glyph allows you to deal additional damage and take less incoming one. Insert it into the Starting Board, as you have a ton of Dexterity to buff it;
- Control – You have plenty of CC abilities to benefit from this Glyph. To increase its value, make sure you put it into the Cheap Shot Board where you have a lot of Intelligence.
Make sure you level up these Glyphs in the order we have shared above. Once you manage to get all your Glyphs to level 15, follow the same order and upgrade them up to level 21.
Best Gems for Twisting Blades Rogue
Gems are inserted into your equipment pieces to provide you with even more stats and resistances. As a rule, you insert gems into the most powerful gear you can possibly wear, as spending them on weaker gear is a waste of resources. This is especially important if you manage to get your hands on the Royal version of the gem.
When it comes to picking the best gems for Twisting Blades Rogue in Diablo 4, your choice usually looks as follows:
- Weapon Slot – Go for Emerald to gain extra Critical Strike Damage against Vulnerable Enemies;
- Armor Slot – Choose Ruby to gain additional HP, allowing you to survive longer. This can be crucial in longer fights or when facing off against tougher opponents;
- Jewelry Slot – Pick Diamond to gain more Resistance to all elements. However, you can replace it with any other gem that will give you more Resistance against the element you suffer from the most.
These Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue gems can be replaced depending on the situation or what enemy you are fighting against. However, if you do not know where to start, the described choice will work just fine for most combat scenarios.
Best Elixirs & Incenses for Twisting Blades Rogue
Elixirs and Incenses are a crucial part of any build, as they allow you to gain additional stats and bonuses for a short period of time. They are usually used when taking part in tough endgame activities or fighting a strong player. You can craft these consumables at the Alchemist in every major town. However, you will need to gather a bunch of the required resources to turn them into the desirable consumable.
The best Elixirs for Twisting Blades Rogue are:
- Elixir of Cruelty – Boosts your Critical Strike Chance by 15%;
- Elixir of Fortitude – Increases your Maximum Life by 30%;
- Heady Assault Elixir – Grants you additional 20% Attack Speed;
- Heady Precision Elixir – Increases your Critical Strike Chance by 6% and Critical Strike Damage by 35%.
On top of that, any Elixir increases the amount of XP you gain by 5%, which is a great bonus to have. Moving further, the best Incenses for Twisting Blades Rogue are:
- Song of the Mountain – Increases your survivability rate, as it boosts your Armor;
- Reddamine Buzz – Boosts your Maximum Life rate, allowing you to live longer;
- Chorus of War – All your stats are increased by 40, as well as Crit and Overpower Damage by 5%.
All bonuses you gain from Incenses become stronger depending on how many players are near you. Therefore, you want to use them when you are surrounded by a group of other people.
These and other consumables can be of great use when participating in challenging endgame content like dungeons. If you cannot complete a particular dungeon run, you can always count on our Diablo 4 Dungeon Carry service. Our professional players will gladly clear out a dungeon of any difficulty for you. We offer fair prices and guarantee the result.
Twisting Blades Rogue Leveling Guide
When you only begin playing, your main goal is to level up as fast as possible. For this, you want to use a slightly different Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue leveling build. It is pretty similar to what you are using during the endgame but is played without Shadow Clone.
During the process of leveling, it is crucial to use Twisting Blades Rogue best weapon you can possibly find. You can also upgrade it at the Blacksmith to use the resources and deal with enemies quicker.
Here is what your Twisting Blades Rogue skill tree should look like from the very beginning to the endgame:
- Starting Off (Levels 2-3)
In the early game, you do not have that many options. So, you want to go for Puncture to make enemies Vulnerable and generate extra Energy.
- Level 2: Puncture;
- Level 3: Enhanced Puncture.
- Getting the Main Skill (Levels 4-7)
- Level 4: Twisting Blades;
- Level 5: Enhanced Twisting Blades;
- Level 6: Advanced Twisting Blades;
- Level 7: Fundamental Puncture.
- Mobility Tools & Extra Damage (Levels 8-15)
Reaching this threshold allows you to gain access to your primary mobility tools. They are Dash and Shadow Step. By using them correctly, you can maximize your damage output when using Twisting Blades. On top of that, you also unlock Dark Shroud, which provides you with extra defensiveness and lets you survive longer if caught off guard.
- Level 8: Dash;
- Level 9: Shadow Step;
- Level 10-12: Twisting Blades;
- Level 13: Dark Shroud;
- Level 14: Enhanced Dark Shroud;
- Level 15: Subverting Dark Shroud.
- More Energy & Utility (Levels 16-31)
During these levels, the build becomes much stronger and more versatile. By using Poison Trap, your AoE potential truly unlocks. Besides, you will get an opportunity to switch from Combo Points to Inner Sight at level 20. This will let you solve the problem with Energy recovery, allowing you to spam Twisting Blades almost all the time.
- Level 16: Poison Trap;
- Level 17: Enhanced Poison Trap;
- Level 18: Twisting Blades;
- Level 19: Enhanced Shadow Step;
- Level 20: Methodical Shadow Step;
- Level 21-23: Exploit;
- Level 24: Sturdy;
- Level 25-27: Innervation;
- Level 28: Adrenaline Rush;
- Level 29-31: Haste.
- Unlocking True Potential (Levels 32-50)
Here, you gain access to your Key Passive called Momentum, which significantly boosts your damage output. You have three Cutthroat Skills, which makes it very easy to activate. You will also spend some points to increase your defensive potential and level up already existing skills.
- Level 32-34: Trap Mastery;
- Level 35: Momentum;
- Level 36-38: Concussive;
- Level 39-41: Siphoning Strikes;
- Level 42: Deadly Venom;
- Level 43: Alchemical Advantage;
- Level 44-46: Debilitating Toxins;
- Level 47-49: Weapon Mastery;
- Level 50: Unlock Paragon Boards.
If you have managed to collect all Renown bonuses, you will have up to 10 extra Skill Points. We highly recommend spending them on the leveling progression provided above. After that, you can use them for the following upgrades:
- Renown 1: Enhanced Dash;
- Renown 2: Disciplined Dash;
- Renown 3-5: Stutter Step;
- Renown 6-8: Malice;
- Renown 9-10: Dash.
During the leveling process, do not forget to unlock your Class Specialization once it becomes available (level 15). It can be done by completing a special Rogue quest, which is available to you only. Besides, you want to obtain all the described-earlier Legendary Aspects to get unique bonuses. For instance, Aspect of the Umbral can help you solve the lack of Energy problem during the early game. Finally, never neglect Twisting Blades Rogue Legendary weapons you find across Diablo 4 world. They are your key to dealing with tough opponents when you are only starting out.
Fellow adventure seekers, this marks the end of our Diablo 4 Twisting Blades Rogue guide. We hope you had a fun time reading it and learned a lot of new stuff. You now know more about this build’s main skills, stat priority, paragon boards, gem choice, and other aspects. Make sure you stay with us, as we will keep updating this article if any changes occur.
What is the best build for Rogue in Diablo 4?
As for now, the Twisting Blades Rogue build remains the most popular option among Diablo 4 players.
Is Twisting Blades Rogue good?
Twisting Blades Rogue excels in many gaming aspects like farming, fast leveling, dealing overwhelming damage, and moving fast. If played correctly, this build is definitely good for most combat scenarios and performs perfectly during any game stage.
What is the best Twisting Blades Rogue weapon?
Doombringer is one of the best choices for Twisting Blades Rogue in the end game.
Which gem is best for Twisting Blades Rogue Diablo 4?
As a Twisting Blades Rogue, you want to use the following gems:
What stat is best for Rogue?
Dexterity is the Rogue’s main stat and should be prioritized over other ones.
What is the best Aspect for Twisting Blades Rogue in Diablo 4?
There are a lot of Legendary Aspects Twisting Blades Rogue cannot live without. However, Bladedancer’s Aspect, Blast-Trapper’s Aspect, Aspect of Disobedience, Edgemaster’s Aspect, Aspect of the Umbral are absolutely must-haves.